Should Caning in schools be re-introduced?

These days parents are raising entitled brats. Three year old throws a tantrum and rolls all over the super market. Child is affirmed that that is good behaviour by being bought for whatever they wanted. Why wouldn’t that child burn a school if parents don’t grant them their wish for a transfer?
I see kids retorting back to parents in public and I cringe. For those against canning, you keep on telling them they have rights, dialoguing and bargaining and see where that gets you.

5 Likes

jana tuliona wasichana wa moi nairobi girls wakidance in sync like something they practise regullary such upuss should not be entatained

So child should not be touched but the police will happily put a bullet in his/her head when the child has reached a point of no return?

2 Likes

Kiboko is only effective to a certain age ,once the kid is aproaching teenhood its too late , caning wont rectify anything that wasnt rectified at an earlier age, it will only make the behaviour worse.

I remember in my school the students who used to get caned for indiscipline at class 5 were the same ones who were caned for the same in class 8, it never worked.

2 Likes

Sure

Archaic thinking

Wazazi walee watoto wao.

Kama hujawahi chapwa kwa waya ya umeme (the grey one that holds three inside) usiwahi tetea viboko virejeshwe mashuleni. Misri tulitoka na haturudi ng’o. Huu mjadala naupinga.

1 Like

Hiyo ni kazi ya mzazi, sio mwalimu.

1 Like

You have exposed “Such magnitude of stupidity”.(sic):eek::eek::eek:
So we make our laws to please the UN??:rolleyes::rolleyes:
If only you were arguing for better methods of dealing with indiscipline instead of urging us to kow tow to whitey or for fear of losing their paltry hand outs…sigh:rolleyes::rolleyes: This mental colonisation is too much!!:eek::eek:

1 Like

Lazima kuwe na standards I was caned with that plastic thing huwekwa kwa terrazzo floors unaenda nyumbani ukilimp.

Mzazi atakuja any moment to dicipline the child akiwa boarding?

It’s the reality of our times man. We’ve ‘domesticated’ many int’l conventions and aligned our laws and practises with the same.

Standards za caning? Enforced by who? The same remote bureaucrats who cannot even enforce basic safety standards (not a uniquely Kenyan thing by the way; 2 days ago AJE reported on a dormitory fire in a Malaysian boarding school) in dormitories?

Indcipline not not passing exams and such.

Ukipewa homework and choose not to do and not being caned for failing yhe questions.

Its not a necessary reality because their laws are not homogeneous, whats lawful in europe is not neccesarily lawful in america.
We have to make the laws work for us not against us, but don’t get me wrong, I’m not for caning per se, I’m for discipline in schools.
I’m particularly angered when children die because some brat is unhappy :rolleyes::rolleyes: That’s unacceptable period!!
Its almost personal to me because back in the day I had relatives in that school I can’t imagine kids having to go back to live, study and feel safe in a place where so many of their mates died, its too traumatizing.

2 Likes

Kipii kikisha anza kuwa mwanaume kilete kichwa ngumu ki huonwa war na mzazi. Esp kikiwa Std 6-std7. usipo fanya ivo Kikitahiriwa after KCPE kita gang up na mathe yake kuku dethrone in the near future. Lasma kijue nani simba btn you two.

1 Like

Daktari pia wewe unajua boarding school bila viboko vijana hawaezi endelea poa pande ya discipline.

i always tell teachers to my kids mtu atandikwe kiboko sawa sawa discipline ni a must

1 Like

When the child is in school the teacher is entrusted to have the best interest of the child, including discipline.

2 Likes

Wangu ukimpiga sweep, utajua hujui mwalimu.

1 Like