Singapore cars

End of the day cars from developed nations are far much better quality due to MOT rules.

In Singapore you first apply for a number plate before you buy a car. Every year their government decides how many cars they will licence that year. From trucks to salon. Each has a quota. They are a small nation and can’t build up roads as they wish so they limit the no of cars in the country. So let’s say this year on 10000 salons will be licensed. That means you all bid for them at extravagant price. In Singapore some license are more expensive than the car. So those who get them treasure them. Now after that they buy a good car worth the struggle. 1-2 years later, the car has accumulated few miles 5000-7000kms. The owner wants a new car to transfer the licence to. The old car is sold very cheaply to get rid of it. The car bazaar has limited space and is happy to get units moving out quickly. That’s how a mheshimiwa I know bought a E350 for 1. something that had only done 6000kms. On the book it hadn’t even reached its first service.

This is confusing…seems to me therefore that Singaporean cars are therefore expensive if you have to pay surcharge of S$10,000!

Road fines are also very high. You get notifications on email or phone that you excessed speed limit or traffic offences. The penalties there will hit your wallet or you lose your high sort after license.

A

now spears knows this too.

You are absolutely right.

Check Fb manex cargo uk ltd

You are absolutely right mate.

Check fb Manex Cargo UK LTD

I have a question please about Singapore car insurance…

It makes sense though caution must be taken when importing from Singapore. I have seen very low-quality vehicles from Japan so Japan is not immune to poor quality cars. KeBS has introduced pre-export inspection for Singapore vehicles and this may offer some comfort but not wholly resolve the issue os quality. Buying from re-owned companies may be a better bet, some even offer insurance for missing or broken parts so they go to major lengths to ensure you get a quality car. When an SUV or luxury is too cheap, think twice…we have cars in Singapore selling at twice the price of those in Japan, so, again, it will depend on case to case basis.

Local yard is a risky affair, even those imported from japan are vehicles with 200K plus km then rewound to 70k and Kenyans run to buy them as they look at mileage and number plates. I would rather import a 150,000 kilometre vehicle than buy a rewound car from the local yard. I have also realised that kenyans don’t know how to check mileage from the inspection companies such as QISJ, you just need to type the chassis number and the mileage will pop up.

… true, the specs for Singapore and UK vehicles are out of this world compared to what you get in Japan. Pre-export inspection has been introduced for Singapore, UAE, and Thailand so maybe things can get better.

this could help some bit

In your opinion would you consider importing from singapore as safe as japan now that these inspection services are available there?

Pia me l roll in a plush ex Singapore premio limo bila mashida yoyote whatsoever sielewi what the fuss is all about. Kwanza l thought Singaporean cars are the premium category coz it comes fully loaded, leather, good interior with all the bells and whistles. Kisha my speedo inafika 260 although lve never pushed it out hivo

I tried very hard to see the differences in both of your answers but concluded @hunningale’s answer only offers more info and he should not make @Idias look like he said anything wrong.

But, I must add, Can’t relate to this topic.

I don’t buy used cars.

Correct

Majamaa kuna kitu hamuelewi.
SBT Japan iko na gari hadi za Singapore, na huwa ziko cheap. Hyundai za Singapore hutumia LPG. Nyinyi ndo hamjui kusearch.