Smart TV vs Smart TV Box

QlED is just upgraded LCD by Samsung and will never outclass OLED. The formart war has been won by OLED and anyone going for QlED at this point would be dumb. They make for great gaming screens though.

While you make good points, these days you cant buy a good tv, esp from those big brands that don’t have smart functionality. But one can still buy a smart tv and use it with an external smart box so the tv just becomes a dumb tv

The idea behind buying both of them is to make and get the best out of both. Other than the traditional internet things, a smart TV has extra features you can not get from a standard TV. For instance screen cast. Nayo android box husemekana na wadau kuwa it will give you a better streaming experience than a smart TV because it is solely made to do exactly that.

My friend, if OLED was the Ultimate display technology we couldn’t have manufacturers busy spending millions on R & D to develop new technologies such as QLED. QLED fyi not just a Samsung technology, other TV makers key among them Sony and even TCL Have their own variation of this technology.
TCL 8 series TVs with their Mini -LED panels have over 25k lighting and diming zones. This makes the brighter than OLEDs for a better HDR experience with insane contrast ratio rivaling that of OLEDs. The key selling point is that it’s cheaper to make QLED panel than OLED hence cheaper TVs. Whether you like it or not, OLED burn-in issues are real. unless you only use your TV for movie watching, any static areas on the display such as when connected to a computer or when watching broadcast channels that have a static area, for instance, the Channel logo or even when watching sports channels. Within a few years or months depending on your use case scenario, you can be sure to have ugly burn-in on the TV. I wouldn’t be surprised if OLED goes the way of the plasma TVs in the not so distant future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGFKycGquXw

QLED is iust a typical lcd tv with a quantum dot filter on the display to enhance colors. If you notice samsung labelled their tvs as QLED to eerily look like OLED. The only alternative tech that rivals OLED without the risk of burn in plus higher peak brightness is MicroLED, which samsung is currently ahead of the competition. However, MicroLED tvs are still expe and not available in consumer sizes ie <75 inches

all this new tech is never meant to be used more than 3 years. Its age will definitely show. I, for instance purchased a 4k TV set in 2016. That same year, HDR is introduced and by 2017, HDR has gone mainstream…

Now I’m in the market for a new TV but will hold out until 8K and HDMI 2.1 spec is widely available across TV’s and other media equipment for a total overhaul.

which android box would propose for a low to midkevel budget?

Exactly X 10 !!!

Soooo, you just decided to bring up this today!!! after watu tulikimbilia kubuy smart tv:mad::mad:

Now you are talking

Broadcasters are aware of their logos blotting viewers screens. Nowadays most of them reduce the time their logos display at a one particular spot. Besides, the itch for them to bombard the viewers with commercials and informercials also greatly minimize those risks.

Recently I bought a smart TV and the truth is that now there are a lot of offers on the market and sometimes this may be a problem. I mean it is very difficult to choose the best offer as there are too many offers. I see you’ve mentioned that you should wait for a lower price, but the truth is that always there are low prices, and the only thing you should do is to search for that offer. I know a site you can use. I used it when I bought my TV as it was the best way to choose the best offer. On the site I am talking about there are presented all the prices for the TV from different sellers. This is a great opportunity that enables us to make the right decision. If you are interested, you can find the site by clicking on https://www.pricecheckhq.com/smart-tv/ . Stay safe and have a wonderful day!