SMOKING ADDICTION

What specific challenges have you faced and how have you overcome them?

2012 (2years ago…yes 2) u were in high school?? And u still call urself “Mzee Mzima”…then @Deorro will soon add you the title of “village elder”…“Nimeshagaa na kuogea”:eek::eek::eek:

Mujamaa ni mambo na will power. Ukitaka kustop bidii ni yako

1 Like

I finished in 2013 actually but am very matured and I look at least 21

surely unataka tuamini hii bila hata sketch??

My main problem mostly was drinking since i used to smoke alot only while drinking and if i could quit drinking then i would quit also smoking. What really helped me quit drinking first of all was that at the begining of the year i moved into a new town after getting another job so i decided to start afresh, when i used to drink i would waste alot of cash ruin relashionships with my girlfriends and family and i almost lost my job once after i failed to report to work for 2 days .

After moving atleast i could avoid my drinking buddies and my regular pubs but it was not easy for the first 3 months, i used to lose concetration alot and also became depressed at times but i looked for new activities to do on my free time like kwenda gym, reading kwanza hii time ndio nilianza kusoma the poem of the Man - God, spending more time with my loved ones and anything else to keep me busy. Soon the urge to drink disappeared slowly and now i can say that the urge is not there anymore but i still avoid those friends that i used to drink with just to avoid relapse.

4 Likes

Now that you mention it, what is the association between drinking and smoking? I have observed it in quite a number of people where you find dude doesn’t drink but the minute they take up alcohol they take up smoking too. Is it something psychological (?) or just plain good old poly-abuse?

Congrats to you on taking the big step to kick those two habits and sticking to the course. I’m sure even you have noticed positive changes in your life. Keep it up.

1 Like

Thats exactly what peddlers tell their customers.

4-6 sticks in a day, jeez that isn’t smoking. I used to do 2 packs in a day and it’s 12 Years since I quit. I didn’t even struggle, I just woke up one day and decided I have smoked enough, threw out of the window all cigarettes I had and that was it. Friends tempted me to smoke when we were out drinking but I stuck to my resolve.

4 Likes

HOYA

Hii ni upuzi this guy started smoking with on own . No amount of advice will help him stop. Only you started it and only you can stop it. No amount of Internet cry babying will help you. just stop if you want to if not well and good, workers in BAT have families to feed. And you will die anyway

I used to smoke while drinking in campus it used to get me high faster then it became a habit everytime i drank.
Aproaching life with a sober view has made me realise that kuna vitu mob ningefanya before with my money lakini singeweza kumanage before due to the drinking and again my relationships zimeimprove sasa

1 Like

Gai fafa!