Sober Public Policy kuhusu Boarding Schools

shida ya kutaka kuape wazungu kwa kila kitu ndio ii.how then do you deal with the pastrolist families who are always shifting,how about the poorest of families (who are a significant lot) that barely affords to get by and the kids being in boarding school shields them from the realities at home,how about the discipline issues that almost all public day schools suffer from?facts remain the most successful in this country passed through the same systems and boarding schools have more advantages than disadvantages.

Penda saana you long threads gives me a boner.

Read a book then so that you get an orgasm

what a p*ssy

Kapondi Kam tumalizane hii maneno like man and wife.

Parents do not want the responsibilities that come with raising children. Kuna wengine hadi hupeleka watoto boarding wakiwa 6. I even saw a huge number of parents rejoicing when visiting days was abolished, nikashindwa kwani these people don’t miss their kids? Seriously if you don’t want the responsibilities that come with raising kids si uwache kuzaa, kwani lazima watu wazae? And twhen these kids they dumped in prison like boarding schools misbehave they start blaming the teachers. I don’t think a lot of Africans understand what being a parent really means.

Kenyans parents are v lazy by nature. Boarding schools in the UK are for the v wealthy, therefore v expensive and few and these children can go home over the weekend etc and jet in an out of countries. Most are there because their parents hold down big time jobs i.e in the stock markets or are royalty so never at home.

FF Our lazy Kenyan parents have no where to hide therefore… so they have been putting their young children in boarding schools in Kenya 10,000 miles away while they remain here! Taimagini.
Those boarding schools should be abolished.

I agree with you fully. (But don’t get into the habit of “Africans are like”, it cheapens your thought. You’re an African and you know what parenting means… )

Knuckle dragging waste of air.

I went to boarding at class 5 and there were kids younger than me. Only a parent who is an idiot & lazy would subject their children to such. Unazaa unawachia maids kulea halafu u ship them off to boardings.

Are you a parent by default?

Expound

True, i have never understood our obsession with copy pasting everything and reproducing a watered and terrible version of the original.Also the education system teaches children to be crammers, one person will be good in cramming maths, chemistry,phyisics formulas, another history.then they tell kids who were good crammers in history to choose a career in humanities and those good in science and maths to be doctors, engineers etc.The results are there to be seen-Many people change careers very many times in the course of their lives, the average high school student is clueless on the career they want to take and only discover through guidance from many people or later in life.The civil service and private sectors are full of crammers and theorists.Compare the attention given in top British and international ciriculum schools in Kenya,when you look at one of their missions,they focus on personal development of students and offer students opportunities to work on other talents e.g. Music, theatre.

Please please let us not disrespect parents here. Parents dont owe you not to take you to a boarding school. Btw Kenyans are too entitled calling parents lazy, lazy ni wewe. what is wrong with a parent oflloading you to a boarding to focus on other things si huko you are with other kids?? Infact it makes you better prepared for life in the world the younger you go to boarding.

If this was true then Africa would have the highest rates of homosexuality while the US, where less than 5% of high schoolers are in boarding schools would have the lowest rates.
Same to Europe where students even at University level commute from home unlike the US where they have dorms in Universities.