Solar power installation

More than perfect! The cost might be higher than lead acid. It is reported that you can discharge to 100% with no risk of damage.

I’m connected to the grid but it gets very unreliable during rainy season because of thunderstorms hence backup. Sometimes, the village transformer goes off for almost a week.

Be sure kuangusha ur progress na experience hapa.sande.

just make sure you buy DC equipment. inverters will suck 60%of the power. otherwise you will need huge backup system to take care of inverter waste. Some TVs and appliances have 12V DC connection. those that take 19 or 20 volts can have dc-dc adapters with over 95% efficiency. eg. I have a tv that takes both 19.5 and 12v directly from the battery.

Niekee tenant solar ama borehole?

Do u want a jacuzzi and swimming pool to come with that?

Tegemea kplc na Nairobi water.

with tesla power solutions you could watch tv the whole day. put your air conditioning, heat your water and maybe charge your tesla. lights will be bright enough https://www.tesla.com/powerwall if you feel you cant afford it just ditch the solar panel idea. since what you will get localy wont be anything close to traditional grid. lights will be bright enough for you for only one and half hours with the rest of the hours you will straining to see. all those here callingyou for quotations are just bussiness men or sales persons

[ATTACH=full]232617[/ATTACH]

This is not true, but inverters do have an inefficiency of 10 to 15% on average.

A Look at Inverter Inefficiencies - Marine How To

Yes, staying in the DC domain eliminates the need for an inverter, but DC equipment is not easy to come by, and expensive relative to AC appliances.

These are complete systems. You won’t have to buy anything separately.

I can see you are suggesting both ac and dc bulbs. Any explanation?

I have one installed kwa nyumba ya ocha , very good service but expensive… I bought mine from a company called Solarnow(Netherlands)…they have a variety of systems hadi zile za kurun frigdes… one good thing with them is unalipa deposit then you pay the rest in monthly installments…mimi nilununua ile ndogo kabisa na deposit ya 5k, then monthly payment of 1900…they do the wiring for you hadi switches inakaa tu kama uko na stima… very efficient

Alternatively, you can buy a battery, solar, inverter and bulbs differently then do the installation by yourself… this would be cheaper

A set of 2 solars of 120watts each, a battery of 100ah, thick cables of >2.4mm for battery to regulator and regulator to solar. a normal <1.5mm cable for dc supply.

Get a digital regulator with a thermocheck. A normal converter of 500 watts is enough.

Total cost around 45k.

The 2 solars produce a a total of 13amps at full sunlight. The battery of 100ah mostly will require around 10amps when extremely charging and will drop to around 2amps when equalising. Meaning the battery wont need the rest of charge when around 80percent charged. This mostly take place in the afternoons.

You can use the afternoon till night when you consume battery energy. With this set up you need not to worry about blaclout.

As for the home theater, it depends on the model, but hizi vitu they drain energy fast.

OP. I’ve seen this used in varying contexts. What does it mean?

You’re so wrong in your view on solar energy.

Solar energy installations is a science. Get an Engineered solution from www.ruggedpowerltd.com/
Note: we are manufacturing inverters meant for African terrain.

Original post

I can only install solar power for a borehole water pump or electric fence. Solar for household use is tricky, unless you want it only for lights. When you add fridge, iron box etc it will disappoint

You’ve really had a bad experience but I can prove you wrong. Heating can be problematic but not 100w fridge or 250w 10kg washing machine.

@Kingilbert Are you saying that we have a 100W fridge? I need one.

Yes fridges are less than that. Mine is 85w.