Some reviews on her, 400km later, one and half full tanks of fuel

kudos!! @ochithunder atleast this way you will demystify the bmw world to toyota lovers.r

Nice car. Mbona hutonyeshi mataa na rims. I have to accept that the car is good from your description. But must have really hurt your pocket if you have to decide which route to use on sundays only. I cant have a car that I use on Sundays only. If its sundays only and on a predetermined route, it means I cant afford it. You are excused if you are from western side of kenya or south sudan.
I use mine all days and if they added another three days I would still use it.
Another thing. Buying a car with little clearance here is buying a pain in the ass.

You are very positive. I only had dreams a few year back. Most things are impossible but some are not:D

By avoiding potholes and roads leading to Muimuto! Runflats are not repairable unless it is a simple puncture. They are hardy I guess. I will see how they do. I was given the replaced used tyres, all four of them. Ill be carrying one as spare when going to the land of my forefathers.

Remember they are runflat. You should be able to drive from Kisumu back to Nairobi with a flat. If you hit a big pothole and destroy your rim, you are expected to have enough money to call AA to carry it back to Nairobi. May be these are the reasons not many “reasonable” people buy such complications!!!

:D:D:D Karibu Ndugu yangu!

You bet! They rarely bother with this one!

I hear they are 60K each but I have not bothered to check yet. I still have a little hole in my back pocket. When time comes we will find out but what I know is that Kingsway does not sell them so the trip to Bavaria motors is a must!!!

Yap, got one already and a puncture repair kit!!

Agreed. still saving it from everyday use. I need to recover some money first. It was blody expensive…This thing also consumes lots of fuel in jams!!!

Lights, rims, body pictures will be here soon.

how big is the engine? 3500??

and the size of the fuel tank so that we can do some calculations on fuel consumption per km, having travelled a distance of 400km with one and half tank

Niko Nairobi hapa Hadassah Hotel. Hiyo gari naweza ona?

One word ‘beast’ …watu wa route 11 na Gari chini ya 1000cc tumeketi pale…

Nope, the germans have gone crazy, some litte history on the model numbers,

Pre 2009 they used to have these models all 6 cylinder except the 540 that was a V8, All were naturally aspirated then.

525 - 2000 cum
528 or 530 - 3000 cum
535 - 3500 cum
540 - 4000cum
M5 - 4.4 litre turbo charged madness

Due to rising fuel costs they revised their engines and introduced 4 cylinder engines and turbochargers! That (4cylinder) is not a BMW i would bother with just yet! Now we have

525 - 2 litre, 4 cylinder turbo
535 - 3 litre 6 cylinder turbo
550 - 3.5 or 4 litre 8 cylinder turbo
M5 - Still 4 litre turbo charged madness

I have not referenced the above to reconfirm so if you find a little inaccuracy dont shout too loud!

You cant do that calculation accurately! In sports mode this thing will guzzle things like 20-30 litres per 100km! In comfort mode it comes down to 10-12litres per 100km. In traffic we are speaking 18litres per 100km depending on how frequent your start stops are. It therefore all depends on your right foot, traffic and the mode switch but for your calculations the tank is 70litres.

Yap, but utotoka Hadassah uje upper Kibera/langata on a weekend my brother.

Been there, not everything is possible but somethings are possible…

Just seen this ngoja I will do a comprehensive review on the Benz ASAP Hopefully by this weekend.
But I have to warn you; Usitake kutoshanisha kulala na Kufa!

BMW ain’t got Nothing on the BENZ!

Ni hayo tu Kwa sasa.