Sportpesa Investors Tayarisheni Lube - Budget2019

Mpesa itself is already international and this move gava has shot itself in the foot. Black market will flourish

aende tu…hakuna mtu atalia…

Wewe pia wacha kua na akili kidogo. Sportpesa contributes so much towards national revenue annually to the tune of 4b+. Corporate responsibilities by sportpesa have enabled several sporting teams to flourish e.g. Gor, Afc and Kenya halequins. There is a sizeable amount of people employed in different capacities at sportpesa.

so much ni ngapi?

4b plus.

Kumbe you’re uninformed on hata hio sin tax. Imagine if alcohol was banned. What would be the ripple effect in the economy?

Kwani mlipoteza bibi kwa ajili ya betting… Nikama you are having bitter herbs za Israel for supper.

Hii serekali ya jicho hoho na arap Singh… Ni hizo pesa wataiba… Who is going to hold these people taking money accountable.?

sisi watu wa kubet na 100 hatuna shida,akate hizo ten bobs then we win thousands,sida iko wavi?

Haha, this will be interesting if it passes. Betting is one industry that can’t pass the tax on to consumers

Akili ingine kidogo

Wine and whiskey bei juu

Peasant problems,cant relate to this gambling tax shenanigans happening every day in Kenya. We serious bettors :D:D are on Asian bookmakers like Pinnacle and SBOBET and the few high rollers tend to use betting exchanges. The likes of sportpesa and betin are for peasants wagering 49 bob per bet:D.

Anyway,I don’t see the sense in this tax but my thinking is the betting companies in Kenya will try and use their lobbying power to fight this thing,they can always buy the judges in court or the Mpigs:D in Parliament. If they are not able to then they can always bear the burden of the tax on behalf of the bettors.

Kids,this is what happens when your government goes on a massive money borrowing spree from other nations and the borrowed funds are misappropriated by corrupt leaders leaving the country unable to repay its debts or fund its budget. Whether the common man in Kenya likes its or not, deni ya China lazima ilipwe:D

Waende Saudi Arabia

Choices have consequences we were told and we Ignored.

Rotich will not be eating any of my money here thank goodness

Nobody wins.

Very clever way to tax peasants. I don’t bet. I don’t smoke. Niliacha pombe temporarily for the rest of 2019. Hapa wanafaa wanyonge kabisa because these are not necessities.
Mtu anatajirisha Karauri kila siku na kukunywa black label hafai kucomplain juu ya tax.

It will not be pushed out of the market. be specific, it will migrate to black market just like fangi and chang’aa, the profits are huge and tax free.

They should have included the Kenyatta or Odinga in Sportpesa to get protected from the taxes.
These are the shareholders of Sportpesa
[ol]
[li]Gene Grand (American) -21%[/li][li]Guerassim Nikolov (Bulgarian) - 21%[/li][li]Asenath Wacera Maina (Kenyan) – 21%[/li][li]Paul Wanderi Ndung’u (Kenyan) -17%[/li][li]Ronald Kamwiko Karauri (Kenyan) – 6%[/li][li]Cellini Holdings – 5%[/li][li]Valentina Nikolaeva (Bulgarian) – 3%[/li][li]Robert Kenn Wanyoike Macharia (Kenyan) – 3%[/li][li]Ivan Kalpakchiev (Bulgarian) – 2%[/li][li]Francis Waweru Kiarie (Kenyan) – 1%[/li][/ol]