SportPesa to Shut Down Kenyan Unit after new tax

This tax just like the interest caps will be done away with when the next set of mpigs are sworn in ! Take that to faulu micro finance and yake a loan against it

They will come in high and dry (after spending all their mulla on campaigns) and karauri( not to be confused with al ghurair) together with habil olaka will be welcoming them with a fat envelop !

That’s why I said sportpesa should be lobbying for the law to be amended or even done away with, instead of issuing empty threats. They can afford to set aside some tens, even hundreds of millions of shillings, to bribe lawmakers, in the name of lobbying, to ensure that law is done away with. The Kenyan market to sportpesa is the equivalent of Kenya to mpesa (safaricon). If safaricom decides they’ll no longer offer mpesa in Kenya, they’ll never replicate its success in another country. Call it a peculiar Kenyan habit, but we tend to fall in love with some things waaaay more than is ‘normal’, even when there’re better alternatives (betin in this case). Ata Kenyanlist tulikuwa tumekwama huko, admin wa hapa akijiongelesha, but after wanderi kuaga tukakosa option tukahamia huku. So ata sportpesa wakitoka, gamblers will experience some withdrawal symptoms for a few weeks but ultimately they’ll move on. The way I see it, I’d rather pay 35% of something than 0% of nothing.

Hizo ni empty threats wana issue these mofakas cant exit kenya market and they know it …its too profitable to be left to competitors

Kwanza watakuwa wamesota after spending a lot of money on campaigns. They can easily be bribed.

washenzi ata hawana over/under 1.5

It is. Ask the government

That’s daylight robbery

the tax is too much let them withdraw

Yiu must remember that for sportpesa to be successful they need mpesa

I concur with you. In most business models, businesses have to process something and then get a markup on the costs of production and distribution which accounts to a significant percentage of the final market price…

Hawa wanaokota pesa chini and all they do is payout fixed prizes… wakikaukanga!

Hao competitors too are subjected to the same tax. Hata Njiraini mwenyewe alikataa hii tax

Who is govt?

NASA

Bet365 ni intenational tunajoin iyo

we don’t need serikali to protect people from gambling, people need basic things from government like water, health, security, job platform.
ata wafukuze zote nimekuwa gambler bet365 na bwin b4 sportpesa came along. Stupid government we have

Tafuta ile video ya msee akiiba simu kwa cyber,kuiba si rahisi my fren

35% tax on revenue is way too much. The highest corporate tax currently is 37.5% on non resident companies. Mark you this is on net profits.

In a nut shell you have to struggle to have gross profits of 60% to remain afloat. With the current market conditions they’ll make unprecedented losses zile za Mumias na KQ zitakua child’s play.

yao ni 35% on revenue plus corporate tax on profits, hata kama ni sin tax hii sasa akina Mcheza zitasurvive aje?

Hapo akiwa mimi natokomea. Mark you kuna other taxes they do pay as well besides hizo corporate taxes.
It is no easy task doing biz hapa .ke.