Standard And Their Poor Editorial Standards

If am not wrong, a brief is paid like 200/=. AND REMEMBER THE EDITOR DECIDES WHAT STORY TO MAKE A BRIEF - you could have written 2,000 words but you will be paid for the 100 that are published.

Soo tatu huko ni wapi nipeleke zangu? Huku 400 ni kuosha vyombo tu!

2 Likes

Couch P. I concur. Those guys are modern day slavers. I have a friend he worked for NMG as a reporter but he had to quit. Halafu, sometimes you are not given enough airtime to call your sources and money for transport is also an issue at times. Most reporters are given brown envelopes by politicians so that they stay in their good books. Very sad.

Halafu does anyone remember the numerous sex scandals in NMG involving Odindo and Wangethi Mwangi several years ago? It really tarnished the image of the company.

A classmate applied for a graphics design position at ktn akaambiwa atapewa tu kazi ya kupanga programs. He told them he did not spend time in school learning that n off he went. Apparently they outsource such to other companies yet they have departments for such

I recall that so well.

huku nyeri, hatujafika bei ya nairobi badoā€¦

Afathari kuuza sukuma.

shida kweli na the way nikiona a new face wameleta ka reporter I always think aah huyu he will soon be driving and living the life, wacha nipande ndizi

@aviator,your friends seem ok coz they work hard. The sales guys got crazy targets and they get paid commissions on every advert placed plus a low retainer. When a guy manages to sell several full or half page adverts;or an insert,he swims in cash for that month. Your buddies,I repeat,are hard,nay,smart workers.

1 Like

I always imagined these employees as well off, kumbeā€¦!

TV reporters are paid better than their newspaper counterparts if Iā€™m not wrong.

1 Like