start a video hall business

Video dens are for another market segment

Ya wale hawawezi afford dstv kwa nyumba au pesa ya chupa mbili za Ku sit out a game in a sports bar. That’s why I asked in my initial comment if he is from kayole; it was not a msuto - though I know many read it as such - but I was thinking about a neighbourhood that would give him the critical numbers to break even while also thinking about the security of his equipment.

Dstv wengi hawawezi afford na hiyo adrenaline ya kuwatch with others is an opportunity

Wapi huko?

huku Leafy suburbs

:D:D:D:D You are the minority of fans my fren.

Your video attendant should be able to stop physical confrontation. Used to attend one back in 01&02, fights used to be order of the day, And if it’s a Somalis clientele, frisk them for knives, Nishaona mara Na Matumbo ya binadamu during a football game.

has anyone done it? and what are the returns like ?

Iweke in some slum… Like Karumaindo or sides za Raunda, D ni tricky juu kuna those kids who extort businesses esp mpya mpya. But you have to do a very comprehensive survey ujue place demand iko high. Talk to touts pia. They know stuff.

PS. Its good business if uko place safe and busy

Ai wewe uko sure? EPL huonyewa kwa bouquet gani ya DSTV? And does everyone as you allude subscribe to that?

I am doing it deep in a rural center.get a 40 inch and above(Hisense or gld)or a refurbished projector at 25k.join two 8*4 plywood and paint it soft white(emulsion/water based) .

Get 22 and 61 wood offcuts and make benches in descending order giving one foot gap every two rows.

If you can afford it get the premium bouquet with extra view(8900bob) and have two screens to show different matches simultaneously.with premium you have English Spanish German and Italian leagues.as opposed to compact plus which shows mostly epl.

Have a capacity for at least 50people sitting well.and get a trustworthy attendant.charge reasonably between 30-50bob/game.

Biz does well in a rural center with few bars and/or social amenities with a relatively large catchment population.

Used to have one in rural Kilifi next to a ‘mangwe’.was doing well.sold it when I relocated to maasailand.opened one here doing well.planning to open another in my shags.

Biz is good during football season.of season very down.diversify by starting another biz to complement this but on the same venue.eg pub,restaurant,kahawa chungu base etc.

OK.

Ajitayarishe raid za mara kwa mara ,hapo ndio mabusu hupatikana kwa haraka

Depends on the hood.

sasa sisi waisilamu tutaingia club vipi

Tafuta slum but karao watakusumbua especially game za usiku za Champions League.

1 Like

watching ball is a social activity ,sasa watu hupenda kuwatch na mabeste pia movies.ni vile imax nadhani ni expensive.ama vipi?

hii ni market segment gani

Movies zii. In 2 years unless ni mashambai sioni movie biniz ikiwa bado

I dont hold that opinion,in low income areas this is quite a lucrative business, and remember not everybody goes to a club to watch football and not everyone has dstv in their houses.

so high school kids and college guys who can get at least 30 bob are the ones who fill up the venue especially during fottball games.

nakwambia the atmosphere apo ndani is electric wacha ile ya old trafford

5 Likes

@Big G ati kameshika kuliko old trafford…low income ni kangemi…kayole