Subaru

@vuja de , ume sahau snokel, aerials, na ile spade na jembe ya chrome :slight_smile:

6 Likes

i’ll respond to this shortly

Na tuanze

Subaru Impreza - 1.5L, awd, nice for girls and women. Better than a normal toyo because you get the awd function so less chances of kukwama mahali. Plus it also drinks like a toyo

Subaru Impreza WRX - 2.0L, turbo, 221hp, awd. Fun car to drive and upgradeable for more horses

Subaru Impreza WRX STi - mama yao, baba yao na wajukuu wao pia. 2.5L, 300hp, turbo, awd. SO MUCH FUNNESS!! (there’s no word like that so msitumie)

Subaru Forester XT - x means crossover, t means turbo. 2.0L, turbo, 216hp, awd. Lot’s and lot’s of fun. Can be upgraded to STi specs

Subaru Forester STi - 2.5L, turbo, 265hp, awd. SO MUCH FUNNESS!!

Subaru Forester XTi - 2.5L, turbo, 265-300hp, awd. This is the new-age forester STi and ni tamu

So, how to tell Subaru’s apart

WRX and WRX STi
WRX - 5spd auto or manual
WRX STi - 6 speed manual. No auto option.

WRX - Imeandikwa WRX hapo nyuma
WRX STi - imeandikwa WRX STi hapo nyuma

WRX - normal subaru rims
WRX STi - BBS rims as standard and branded/embossed STi

WRX - inside you have fuel/temp gauge then speedometre then tachometre
WRX STi - inside you have fuel/temp gauge the tachometre in the centre then speedometre to the right. All branded STi.

WRX - seats are normal
WRX STi - seats are bucket seats. They tend to get uncomfortable over time.

So, what’s the obvious way to tell?
Listen, if the car is NOT a 6 speed manual, it is NOT NOT NOT the STi option whether forester or impreza.
If it’s not a 2.5L engine, it is NOT NOT NOT an STi.

If it was my choice and finance allowed, i’d pick the forester sti aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyday.

9 Likes

Acha niulise swali… Impreza STi, Forester STi na Legacy STi with the same specs, do they have the same performance?

not really. legacy sti 280/300, wrx sti 300, fsti 265.
though legacy sti is rare. they’re badged and such but and some handling parts are changed.
it’s too low though in my opinion.

Birrioneas kama mimi don’t drive japanese,european and american cars only

hapo sawa.that machine was beautiful though i think hiyo kelele would irritate me after awhile
btw all the rare sti’s ive seen are kalasinga owned

[ATTACH=full]37557[/ATTACH]

A quick look through OLX and I saw this Legacy STi for only 2,500,000/=

https://www.olx.co.ke/m/ad/subaru-legacy-sti-ID15JaN1.html?code=cc3ef547b5

Too low? Siku hizi hata barabara za mashinani zimewekwa tarmac, so ground clearance shouldn’t be an issue

1 Like

bump utamea wings? na vile njia zetu zina bumps every short distance. By the way that thought discourages me from manual transmission.

2 Likes

Y? manual is a driver’s car

2 Likes

american cars are useless, all hat but no cattle. when I see guys praising the chrysler 300 nahurumia sana. read any review and see the toyo camry beats it on many fronts

1 Like

Americans value different stuff. they like big cars with big engines. Some of their cars like some jeeps really look like tanks. The cars must be well maintained, but are not as expensive as the europeans ones.
The have no need for upholstery and stuff like that. You find their vehicles are cheap cheap plastic and cloth inside. Europeans have fairly big but very classy. Japanese make practical cars: no baggage, efficient, least maintenance possible. Thats why manufacturers have a car version for every region.

1 Like

ungemuambia tu STi lazima engine ikuwe red top. i.e red manifold not silver/grey

1 Like

changing muffler ONLY will lead to ZERO HP gain.
the only HP gain comes from changing the WHOLE exhaust from downpipe to 3 or 2.5 inch straight pipe and removing catalytic converter. in a turbo car this is a simple mod that helps the car ‘breathe’ better (less back pressure). for non turbo(NA) just leave the stock exhaust system.
NAs actually lose power when you put those loud exhausts.
unapata mshenz ameweka NA AUTO muffler mwenda. tsks tsk

3 Likes

the rumble comes from unequal headers. newer subarus (post 2005) have equal headers and the rumble is less pronounced. equal headers improve fuel economy but lose the traditional subie rumble. a subaru with unequal headers will set off alarms even with a stock exhaust.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D hawa watu hunishangaza sana

that KCG lakini…:):):slight_smile:

because you typed all this to communicate, tuanzie hapa: headers ni what?

pipes, aka “runners”, that start at the cylinder head’s exhaust port and travel to a merge point known as a “collector.”
[ATTACH=full]37604[/ATTACH]
Exhaust gasses are expelled by pressure into the runners and travel through their individual runner tube until they reach the collector. At the collector the pulses blow through and merge into the up-pipe which feeds the turbocharger.

MORE>>
http://www.vikingspeedshop.com/equal-length-vs-unequal-length-subaru-exhaust-manifolds/

1 Like