Supervising a mjengo while in the office

:D:D:D:D
With little knowledge if works were done correctly.

Depends with the size of your project. If it is a single storey pigsty, then a reliable foreman can handle it. If you are building a flat, look for a clerk of works or outsource it to a developer who can supervise.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Buggest

Don’t try this shit…i supervised my sisters house and i can tell you i almost become a millionare,period.Almost!

You need to be at the site:-
1.From 9 a.m to atleast 1 p.m
2.You have to buy your own construction material straight from the hardware
3.You have to know how much watu wa mkono are getting paid-normally ksh 400 to ksh 500 pay day.
5.Last but mot least you need totake inventory every evening at close of business…hesabu gunia za simiti zimetumika ni ngapi.

Thank you… sasa tuma soo saba ya Kibao mzinga.

1 Like

I also landed a job auditing a 10storey building progress and hiyo ya relative ogopa. The nephew (was a bitch) of the owner used to have minimum 20 ghost workers daily, the bitch used even to sell cement and sand, it was a 10storey hotel. The bitch used to drink daily and whole weekend. Saturday used to appear just to pay workers.
If you want something done, do it yourself

1 Like

I think you should seriously consider installing a cctv system.

first thing first for such a project is to get bill of quantities and working program from quantity surveyor.Those are the major things you need to curb any laziness and thieving that should happen.

1.Program of works entails days needed to work under each substructure is within range while at the same time the bill of quantities will show you quantity of materials needed for that specific task. eg if excavation of trenches will take 6 days, B.Q will have amount of cement, sand etc needed. Typically B.Q will cost you 10-20k, to get.

2.Create time: make sure you pass by the site either morning hours or evening for not less than 2hours. Ask why the work is going slow or why there is wastage,what will they be doing the day after etc…just ASK questions.
3. make sure you have a good foreman or site supervisor. Don’t just picks guys who tell you they have been working for 20 years. you don’t want him opposing architects layout and creating a puzzle with unattainable roof design.
4. Have architect visit site at least once a week and if not possible twice a week. Architect should approve setting out before even digging commences. He should get atlst 5k per visit.

1 Like