Swedish firm moves Sh253bn Malindi power plan to Tanzania

True…but we already have a 310-megawatt Lake Turkana Wind Power in northern Kenya which is set for completion in July at a cost of Sh70 billion, and that will match the demand Kenya needs now…before embarking on further projects like the Malindi one

Typical you

You saw where it all started or you choose to be blind ? I nip BS in the bud before it stinks in my presence.

Response yako ilikuwa expected

Kikuyu hears no evil talks no evil watchs no evil

They will even defend @Fala 12 aki rape punda

Hawataki Tano Tena??? ama they refused to pay UhuRuto half the money in kickbacks? Wacha waende hapa ni shida tupu with this Tumbilee clowns

You, my friend, are the one who needs a little more homework. We already have installed production capacity for more than we can consume . that’s why government has been in a race to connect more homes - though you and RAT dismiss it as JP propaganda. We need to be strategic in the guarantees we give.
We could have connected 2000 more homes since August kama si ujinga…
P/s @kirgit hukuambia huyu jamaa poa, we need him.

Friend,Kenya needs 1Trn + investment in clean energy over the next 10 years for us to be fully self-sufficient and power the industrialization dream. That will not be realized by frustrating foreign investment in the sector.

Here’s what Ethiopia is doing,in two years time they’ll be producing 17,000MW of power.

http://www.ena.gov.et/en/index.php/economy/item/3064-ethiopia-to-produce-17-000-mw-of-electric-power-by-2020

Walikataa kulipa 10pc in consultancy fees to Keter and Cronies.

Well hell! Magufuli wont change them any % so about time they go. Kenya is a kiosk of UhuRuto. They must directly benefit from every last deal going down in Kenya. Even after paying the 10% haingeishia hapo. Ni kama kubribe kanjo ama traffic .They keep coming back. Wacha waende.

Is this really true. Are you sure we are producing more than our demand?

waliitisha chai mingi i guess. You don’t just walk in to sheria house as a foreigner and register your crap or dream to set up shop without scratching some backs first.

Good. Middle finger to Kenyans as usual

In short.they did not want/could not afford to bribe the kikuyu and kalenjin cartels at the ministry.
We have more expensive hfo power plants but their provision is there bcoz they bribe these rapacious bastards.

Green energy sounds romantic but it is also unreliable/unstable. Furthermore the investor is asking the taxpayer to guarantee to pay for the power KPC will not be able to absorb. Already Turkan Windfarm is demanding for production we can’t absorb because another investor has not completed the TX line.

Even if you support Kenyatta, I can’t believe sycophancy has gotten this bad!!! Green energy is unreliable/unstable? My God!!

We, we , we…I thought you were a teacher with a meager salary, when did you start connecting power to homes? This is the real sadness of life.

Even if we were connected 100% our Per capita electricity consumption is…pathetic.
The typical Kenyan Household in Rural Kenya generally does not consume more than sh 500 worth of power(tThey represent 70% of consumers mind you) and that of Urban Kenya averages sh 2000, and that is the high mark.
A typical European or American Household is an electricity guzzler, with washing machines, Clothes Dryers, multiple televisions, giant fridges, house heating systems in Northerly countries and cooling systems in places like Florida.
This is why Industry alone, despite it being concentrated in four places(Nairobi,Mombasa,Thika,Athi River) accounts for half of the power consumed (and SMEs account for around 25%. Domestic consumers account for barely a quarter) and why Nairobi alone accounts for 45% of Kenya’s electricity consumption.
We do not consume electricity, even when we have it.The only way we can remedy this is to build houses that can accomodate some of these gadgets(For Example, a house in BuruBuru, huwezi weka Washing Machine ndani ya Nyumba, In fact, only Mombasa do we have the majority of dwellings large enough to do so.Nairobi even places like Parklands, houses are tiny), lower the electricity tariff to around sh 12 cents per kWh and upgrade the grid in some places(I find it funny that Nairobi’s Eastlands power grid fails due to too many people using it just to watch TV and iron clothes.Mombasa also has a grid problem ditto Western and Nyanza)

There are no Kikuyu and Kalenjin cartels at the Ministry of Energy and Petroleum. If there is one, then it is multi-tribal, given the ones who makes such decisions are drawn from all over the country.

Shallow thinking. We should look for ways to generate sustainable cheap power mainly for industries. We want our country to be industrialized and one of the greatest barrier to this is that our electricity is very expensive.