syrian refugees.so sad.before and after

Oy,I can not even try and imagine what they,whatever name you want to call them,are going through.

Shocks, if you havent noticed, these crisis begins as a political uprising (or rebel groups) and slowly turns to a jihad. It started with Queda, Taliban, and now the most fearse one the ISIL. The dimension of the wars changes from political to religious. Ask yourself why isnt al shabaab killing kenyan muslims but targeting only xtians and yet its at war with Kenya and not Kenyan xtians. I believe in the power of prayer.

You see the problem with you and @Mkufuu, the two people who i know are always running from the truth on this issue, is that you claim to watch documentaries, read websites and watch unique channels yet you never tell us what you’ve learnt from those news sources. All you do is wait for @Dunya to comment or post threads then you say ‘oh dunya, watch some five more documentaries, oh dunya dont watch cnn, bbc, oh dunya dont read this website or that, blah bla blah’. Like i told your friend mkufuu, give us your opinions if they are different. Post threads on the same. Let us counter what you say. Reading and watching news and not having opinion is useless. I remember the two of you arguing that there is no crisis when i first posted a thread on this crisis. Yet everyone even here in ktalk can clearly see there is a crisis. Give us a different side of the story if you have one. Yes we may be empathetic to the arabs but facts as we see them we must state them

Doctors, Engineers and other top career professionals in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya are also looking to abandon their homeland and families for a worse lifestyle? They left their homes because the circumstances have forced them to and they cannot hold any longer. They also know that the situation is dire and could last even beyond their lifetimes therefore going back home may not be possible. And you call these economic migrants?

They have even refused to disembark from a train in Hungary after being told they would be taken to a refugee camp. All they want is to go to wealthy Germany. And among them there are probably a few jihadis on a mission as well. Sad but true

Who in their right mind would disembark? Hungary’s nationalistic government has already said it doesn’t want migrants in their borders, have erected a fence and hired border hunters to keep off migrants yet you would trust the same authorities when asked to disembark from a train? Kwani wewe ni kuku ukubali kuchinjwa ukiona?

You are now being silly here…I once posted statistics on this issue from the UNHCR, International Organization for Migration and the UN yet you chose to ignore it. That’s why you call every asylum seeker an economic migrant yet I posted references showing the contrary. The problem is that all your post on this issue are mostly theories without any references that people can cross check. You said you are going to put a proper post on the issue today…I am waiting.

And those doctors and engineers can only work in Germany? Why havw we not seen them apply to work in Kenya or an african country. OR even Hungary for that matter. Simple. They are economic migrants. Economic migrants dont go to poor countries. They target wealthy countries where jobs and opportunities are assumed to be plenty. I repeat, if they were mere refugees as you insist they would be in refugee camps in turkey and lebanon receiving help from UNHCR and applying for refugee status from there. Right now many are paying top dollar to leave peaceful turkey to head to europe. Top dollar i repeat.

my two cents is that we are humans first then we are different races tribes and religion the migrants have a right to escape from persecution and war at home and the sea has already claimed many lives. Its time for europe to stand up and act before many lives are lost sad part is that some of them are from fairly stable countries like nigeria and eritrea. As much as there is economic aspect toward it NO LIVE IS WORTHY LOOSING trying to get to europe. as i type this another rickety boat leaves the shores of libya headed to europe

Eritrea is not a country a person would want to live in. It is just a large open air prison; Africa’s version of North Korea.

It has now dawned on me that English is the problem here.

Definition(s)
Refugee: A person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster
Economic Migrant: A person who travels from one country or area to another in order to improve their standard of living.

Unless you can provide me with a definition from a reputable organization, you are wrong. We all know why these people have left Syria, Afghanistan and Libya.

I’ll give you a good analogy…If you were a Kenyan teacher with a family of three and there was war and instability in Kenya for many years and the situation has got worse and worse and there is no chance of surviving here. You know if you leave you have little hope of coming back. Would you go to a refugee camp in Uganda or seek asylum in a country where you could get employment. Take for instance you had a few dollars to your name enough to get you to the country of your choice. Which choice would you make? How about if someone tells you Mr Dunya you are a greedy person who left your job in Kenya only because you want to enjoy a good time in Europe and earn more money? Would they be right?

War is hell…

May the young souls rest in peace. Now that’s how “radicalization” is born. That man can do anything to his enemies (real or imagined) to avenge the death of his family.

@ mayekeke it will be much wiser to table your views and knowledge instead of just rebuking people…

something genocidal must be going on wherever the refugees are coming from and western media must be covering up

1 Like

And to think the west instigated all this just for oil and gold…