Tanzania Modern SGR- Best Railway in Africa

I haven’t been to TZ, so I cannot say with certainty - but from what stories I have read in this here village, the folks in the towns and cities are very suspicious and ambivalent towards Kenyans… not so in the villages (even though even there, they still maintain a healthy dose of suspicion towards Kenyans).

Labda when it rains the rail lifts itself above the ground

Lakini mbona Tanzania wanaweka railway line kwa mtaro? Alafu sioni drainage system hapo. Wouldn’t it be a problem if it floods? Tena uchafu nyingi itatupwa hapo chini na upepo.

Then there is the issue of wild animals easily accessing the railway lines. [ATTACH=full]225404[/ATTACH]

Wah!! Real problem right there!! Unless there are under-ground drainage systems, hii itakua balaa!!

Hapo nakubaliana na wewe kabisa.

Take some time out from your busy days and travel to Arusha or Moshi. It’s about 5 hrs drive to either town from Nairobi, by bus kubwa or personal car. Don’t go to the fancy hotels. Enda mitaani. They are surprisingly neat and tidy folks these TZs. Always maintaining cleanliness and decency. Their prices, when you consider the quality of their services, are obscenely cheaper than what you would expect, especially if you are from Nairobi. You will judge for yourself if they are good or bad.

Nikipata muda - later on in the year probably - nitauliza wasia wako.

Any time!

Big problem there, I would understand if the incline is on one side, it flows through the track and drains to the other side which should be lower. Lakini this in a slope on both sides with a track at the bottom. It will be flooded. Enyewe cheap is expensive. Class two railway.

They have to make it look as standard gauge as possible. Besides, railroads laid in valleys really look sexy, don’t they?

:D:D:D

They don’t trust thieves IE. what we have sold ourselves as Kenyans

Theirs is what I would call audacity. But there will be consequences, surely.

We have TZ whores all over, but we don’t classify all TZ women as whores.

This is how their SGR is bring funded. By playing poker with Treasury funds.

[MEDIA=twitter]1097404263284789249[/MEDIA]

Money for buying out opposition members and the media. I hear that the government has also adopted an other unprecedented tactic;- dancing with national celebrities and taking them on all expenses paid tours of government funded projects, especially the sgr. Coaxing them to talk positively about it and urging them to take their videos with the sgr and other flagship projects as backdrops. Very tactical.

The Tanzanians are building a railway that may leave us gobsmacked.

The land is flat, it doesn’t make sense to dig the rail line down into the trench, perhaps they have a reason, to ensure some politically incited people don’t uproot it and create transport blockage.

There are reasons for trenching railway lines; environment - to reduce emission, reduce noise, collisions, and allow for bridges and roads above. The trench designers will have factored in the drainage.
The railway station may not be too fancy, it will allow for cost saving. What is the point of building an expensive grand station in the middle of nowhere?

[ATTACH=full]225541[/ATTACH]