Tanzanians claim Kajiado's county Gov foolishness is 2nd to none

Nope. My family is from the ambui clan. Mbari ya mbuu. But i have maasai ancestry. Two great great maasai grandmothers on both sides.

Very common in that area. Let me guess from the mbari ya mbuu?

he was a Maasai

exactly

He was half kikuyu half maasai.

he was a pure maasai

I doubt. Check this article. Seems like he was an admixture.
https://hubpages.com/politics/Chief-Waiyaki-wa-Hinga-of-the-Kikuyu

Listen to this one!!!
Waiyaki waHinga was a Kikuyu. Like HALF of Kiambu residents, he had Maasai blood, but he was NOT a Maasai. That is like claiming Wangari Maathai and her husband(and every person in Nyeri with the name Maathai ,Hinga, Mware wa Mbatia and the likes are Maaasais!!)
Jomo Kenyatta is also of Maasai origin through his mother, from the Purko clan around Narok town. And he was known there very well as he used to visit his cousins
Please use your brain.
When did Maasais get Kikuyu names like Waiyaki and Hinga???

I think many of you do not realise that Kiambu and Nyeri Kikuyus are not ‘pure’ Kikuyus.The closest to a pure Kikuyu is a Muranga Kikuyu from Kiharu and Kangema constituencies.
Nyeri Kikuyus have Arab(the name Chomba ),Uasin Gishu Maasai and some Athi ancestry while Kiambu can basically be defined as Maasai-Kikuyuland because many Maasai fled to Central Kenya as civil war and diseasetook their toll in Maasailand,especially in the Kikuyu zone I mentioned.from akina Njonjo to Kenyatta to Koinange, they all probably have at least one Maasai ancestor.
Of course, not forgetting the products of missionaries around the former missionary centers.ever noticed how Tumutumu has light skins and soft hairs here and there.Nashuku sana that it was not only the gospel that was being spread in such areas.
Before you ask, I travel to weird places sometimes

Muchomba was a nickname that came from the maa community nickname for a white man Ole Shampai.

I said Chomba. Kikuyus called both the Arabs and the Europeans Chomba. But especially the Arabs since they were around long before the Europeans. Maybe the Kikuyus got the name from how the Maasais called non Africans, but I doubt if it was a white man since Maasai also knew the Arabs who passed through their lands enroute to Uganda and the name predates colonialism amongst the Kikuyu

You have a valid point.

Get the hell out of here… Shenzi wewe…whom do you think your are?Albert Einstein??

The guy’s name was not even waiyaki!!he was Eiyeki…and do you even know why he was called hinga???use you brain

Let us not export the chaos in Laikipia to other peoples countries especially those trying to clean up their act, everybody knows , Kenya is a banana republic and if you give them an inch, they will take miles.

1 Like

national sovereignity

Nonsense!! Please!!
Waiyaki is a Kikuyu name from Kiambu. Always has, always will
Hinga is a Kikuyu name, you askedwhat it meant. it meant one who was billingual in Maasai and Kikuyu. Like half of kiambu is part maasai including Jomo Kenyatta himself. The meaning is in Kikuyu!!Hinga is a Kikuyu name found in Kiambu to date.
Eti Eiyeki???Which Maasai has a name like that!!
Waiyaki is Waiyaki whether you like it or not!!

Your history is wanting buddy.but you know what,i will not do research for your sorry ass.
While you are at it;Hinga means hypocrite.