TBT Croatia edition

[ATTACH=full]183050[/ATTACH]
In 1961, Jomo Kenyatta was released and together with Oginga Odinga and Tom Mboya, they formed the Kenya African National Union.

Why did they stop making it?

Downtown Nairobi, 1966 .
[ATTACH=full]183051[/ATTACH]
Make and model of the car in the fore ground for 500KCr

[ATTACH=full]183053[/ATTACH]
Agikuyu family in the 1920s

[ATTACH=full]183054[/ATTACH]
Muranga Town, C. 1920

[ATTACH=full]183056[/ATTACH]
Freedom of the City of Nairobi honor to Kings African Rifles.

The Freedom of the City is an honour bestowed by a municipality upon a valued member of the community, or upon a visiting celebrity or dignitary. It is an ancient honour granted to martial organisations, allowing them the privilege to march into the city “with drums beating, colours flying, and bayonets fixed”

[ATTACH=full]183057[/ATTACH]
Kitale Hotel, 1959

[ATTACH=full]183058[/ATTACH]
Guess where and when?

[ATTACH=full]183059[/ATTACH]
Nairobi Kenya Street scene near Ambassadeur Hotel , 21st August. 1971

[ATTACH=full]183060[/ATTACH]
Gertrude Watt_ founder of the Gertrude Gardens Children’s Hospitals.

In 1896, at age 22, Ewart Scott Grogan (he of the fame of Grogan garage area , Kirinyaga Road, Nairobi) had already been kicked out of Cambridge for playing destructive pranks, elected the youngest member of the prestigious London-based Alpine Club, and served as a soldier in Rhodesia in southern Africa, where he had fallen so sick he had almost been buried alive.

New Zealand beauty Gertrude Watt was the reason for Grogan’s trek. As a direct descendant of James Watt, the Scottish inventor of the steam engine, she was rich enough that her step-father viewed all suitors with a skeptic eye. To prove himself worthy of Gertrude’s affections—they were head-over-heels within weeks of meeting each other—Grogan proposed becoming the first person to travel the entire length of Africa, south to north—from “the Cape [of Good Hope] to Cairo.” The stepfather accepted the challenge, sure that Grogan was signing his own death warrant.

But when a love-smitten Ewart Grogan, then aged only 24, declared he would trek from Cape Town to Cairo to show he was worthy of the daughter of wealthy British merchant James Watt, they thought he was joking. But Grogan decided that it was the lovely Gertrude Watt or nothing — and if the trek through some of the world’s most intimidating terrain would prove him to be worthy of her love, then so be it.

The castle governor spurned Grogan Castle, on the crest of a hill in Jipe, is arguably one of the most enduring legacies of colonial settler Ewart Grogan. Its lofty perch ensures it is visible for miles from the vast Taveta plains. But perhaps it is the building’s unique design, with a good dose of Grogan’s own idiosyncratic architectural taste, that makes it stand out.

The official explanation for Grogan’s journey was to survey a potential route to link Britain’s African colonies by train and telegraph. It followed the western branch of the Great Rift Valley that curved through central Africa, a curving progression of great lakes, volcanoes and rivers. It would be the last great journey of the Golden Age of African Exploration.

[ATTACH=full]183064[/ATTACH]

Hukunaliza hekaya ya Argentina world cup kizee

so tied up boss, lots of things happening at once.
hio home work nitamaliza tu pamoja na ile ingine ya maungu

Uhuru park 1978

Circa 1979 Inaugration of H.E Daniel T Arap Moi . I was there

The green car; they used to be FIAT. Sweet memories riding similar car as a kid in the 80s and 90s. It died in the 90s.

FRONT ROW(L TO R): Ngala Mwendwa, Mbiyu Koinange, Jaramogi Odinga(VP), Mzee Jomo Kenyatta (Prezzo), Dr. Njoroge Mumbai,Joseph Murumbi, Thomas Joseph Mboya.

SECOND ROW(L TO R): Dawson Mwanyumba?, Harvester Angaine,Dr. Gikonyo Kiano, Paul Ngei, Bruce Mackenzie, Achieng Oneko.
BACK ROW(L TO R ):-?, Joseph Otiende, James Gichuru,George Lawrence Sagini, Charles Njonjo(Attorney General), Duncan Ndegwa.

They were kidogo before my time but I wore them alright since there were many hand me down pairs lying around. Haki si they could roast one’s feet?

Cool collection right there. Yes usiseme kitu juu ya jana. Huku watu wamekufiwa. It is a ghost country but it mainly comes about because the media hypes way too much. Oh those poor young lads did their best. Mimi nilimalizana na world cup as soon as the whistle blew. I don’t care about France or Croatia. 123 asinikute hapa kikikikiki…so let me exit this post.

My new home. Nilihama Kiambu.