TBT - Equinox Edition

very true.
in 1976 my earliest recorrection we paid 12 bob on Coast Mbus

how old are you i wasnt yet born in 76

The gods smiled on me and I have managed to pass the love of marbles and playing marbles to my son. The little man has over a hundred of these things,of all sizes. Na mnasemanga hakunanga blessings…

Manor Hotel Mombasa. Kenya. C.1960s
[ATTACH=full]58447[/ATTACH]

CC: @Da Vinci @kingolonde @jumabekavu @mukuna @Yollo @byro @mabenda4 @Supu don did any of you get to see the Manor Hotel. saa hii ni show room ya magari. legend has it that there are caves there which lead to fort jesus. can anyone confirm
[FONT=helvetica][COLOR=rgb(29, 33, 41)][SIZE=14px][/SIZE][/FONT]

Nakumbuka back in the day nilikuwa boss wa hii game estate mzima. Tulikuwa tukiguza ya kulipana. Ukishindwa unapeana bano. Kila mtu alikuwa na bano kama 10 kwa mfuko. Siku moja tuliguza hiyo game hadi tukiwa watu sita. Nilipita na kila mtu nikawa na bano over 40 kwa jacket na zingine kwa mfuko.
Final sasa ilikuwa mimi na bully wa estate na pia huyo nikamchapa sweep nikaokota bano yake ya mwisho. Hehe… Mabeste wangu hawakuwa wanaamini nimewachota bano zote. Kuniangalia tu kama illuminati.
Ujinga sasa estate bully akaniambia ati niwaonyeshe zile bano nimechukuwa ni ngapi. Kama fala nikachota handful mzima kwa jacket nikawaonyesha. Wacha bully achape mkono yangu bano zikafly everywhere. Mabeste wangu matraitors wakaziokota mbio mbio wakatoroka kama nyenje/cockroach zimeona light.
That is the first day I was betrayed by a friend. Nililia but atleast nilibakia na bano 18+…:(:(:(:(:frowning:

Hardinge Bus Terminus. Nairobi. C.1950s
[ATTACH=full]58448[/ATTACH]
This is currently Kencom. The plot was bought by Grindleys Bank which is the forerunner to KCB. Kencom House is constructed there.

The Pope’s visit. Nairobi. 6th May,1980. View from the New Stanley Hotel.
[ATTACH=full]58449[/ATTACH]
[FONT=helvetica][COLOR=rgb(29, 33, 41)][SIZE=14px][/SIZE][/FONT]

[ATTACH=full]58450[/ATTACH]
spot a young @Guru in the crowd

The Stanley Hotel. Nairobi. C.1915
[ATTACH=full]58451[/ATTACH]
hii ni fossil ya ukweli

kumbe miniskirt niza kitambo hivyo

Nairobi. C.1960s
[ATTACH=full]58452[/ATTACH]
this was indeed the city in the sun

St Andrews! WOW!

Kenya cinema, Nairobi. C.1960s
[ATTACH=full]58453[/ATTACH]
which nostalgic movie did you watch in this theatre? i remember Octopussy 1985 which ran for several months.
the adverts were NOW SHOWING, NEXT ATTRACTION AND COMMING SOON.

A beautiful picture of two steadfast revolutionaries. Thomas Sankara receives a medal from Fidel Castro, 1984.
[ATTACH=full]58454[/ATTACH]

First Equity bank branch
[ATTACH=full]58455[/ATTACH]
Any dream is achievable as long as you wake up to make it come true.
@gashwin njoo hapa

how did you call this carts kwenu nyumbani?
we used to have our own safari rallies, ole wako bearing ikicease ukiwa down hill, in our world grease didnt exist so the bearing lube was mkojo.
got several scars to show for it,
[ATTACH=full]58456[/ATTACH]

sisi tulikuwa tunaziita beta! thanks to the then good estate roads done by the nairobi city council, the rides were very enjoyable.

in our hood they were known as “kurukuru”

for 2000 pts, make and model of this car
[ATTACH=full]58460[/ATTACH]
CC @Jazzman @wheelz @Cogito ergo sum

hehe nunulia mtoto p.s na uache ungati ya 5 bob…atacheza na nani??