TBT Idd Edition

Bildad Kaggia and Fred Kubia handcuffed together as they leave the courtroom during their trial at Kapenguria C. 11th December 1952.
[ATTACH=full]47303[/ATTACH]
How fast we forget our heroes

The two colonial homeguards who caught Mau Mau leader Kimathi, Corporal Wanjohi and Ndirangu, Oct 23 1956
[ATTACH=full]47304[/ATTACH]
CC: @FieldMarshal CouchP

Workers load Onion sacks to Rongai Transport and Workshops trucks.Photo taken in 1966.
[ATTACH=full]47306[/ATTACH]

Kwani when was this company started?

Captain Stanley Chepkwony and Hannington Apudo ,the first African pilots to serve in the defunct East African Airways
[ATTACH=full]47310[/ATTACH]

i think 1950s, and most probably hizi trucks ziko

After all these yrs,hii kitu emembalika kweli ??http://www.kenyatalk.com/index.php?attachments/13620983_10206490257922865_1194185112876825513_n-jpg.47292/

Must have been extremely scary to fly in those planes…

why

Kubai

What happened to them after independence? They must have had a rough time in their communities.

The good old days, ilikua hatufanyi budget ya busfare, with a lot of KBS buses and all of them having two doors busfare was not an issue.
[ATTACH=full]47312[/ATTACH]

made the hair cold…

@Meria Mata reporting from National Archives

these mbeasts are still chewing roads…they are an icon of kenya’s development…

There’s freedom of speech, but I can not guarantee freedom after speech, Idi-Uganda[ATTACH=full]47314[/ATTACH]

Hawa walikuwa wa BM security

I still remember being woken in the morning by the peculiar sound of these trucks as they collected milk from farms in Njoro in the 80’s…nostalgia.

Lieutenant Colonel Gurucharan “Channi” Singh was a sikh who joined the KAF as a cadet, became a fighter pilot, became base commander MAB, then finally as logistics officer at DOD before resigning his commission and flying for KQ until retirement at 65 years of age.

[ATTACH=full]47318[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]47319[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]47321[/ATTACH]

Kenya Air Force DHC-2 Beaver

[ATTACH=full]47320[/ATTACH]

Austin mini skuizi zinaitwa mini Cooper