TBT waruvanji edishen

The space between the high Court and city Hall.asians and Europeans used to play cricket here.
[ATTACH=full]105536[/ATTACH]

fearshara street 1952
[ATTACH=full]105537[/ATTACH]

Nairobi_ 1961

[SIZE=7]Powdered meat[/SIZE] combats food shortage.

District Assistant Peter M. Echaria is seen issuing powdered meat to woman in Makadara to combat food shortage occasioned by drought.
[ATTACH=full]105538[/ATTACH]
@Luther12 elezea powdered meat, nausisahau kuniambia nitipata wapi

Junction ya Moi avenue na Biashara street, hapo Khoja Mosque
[ATTACH=full]105539[/ATTACH]

Nairobi during the emergency_1956
[ATTACH=full]105540[/ATTACH]

Nrb 1969
[ATTACH=full]105541[/ATTACH]

Sixth Avenue, (today, Kenyatta Avenue) Nairobi, 1907.
[ATTACH=full]105542[/ATTACH]

One boinett boy too vigilant here

Apartheid in Kenya
[ATTACH=full]105547[/ATTACH]

Watoto kaeni chini
What memories do you still hold of the mobile cinemas? Which movie still lingers on your mind decades later? Which grounds did you watch mobile cinema movie?
[ATTACH=full]105548[/ATTACH]
drama ilikua yaanza movie ikiisha, weuh. vita mpaka nyumbani

@kush yule mnono taking a power nap after the long journey
[ATTACH=full]105552[/ATTACH]

my first car was similar to this.
[ATTACH=full]105554[/ATTACH]
hio kamba ya green unaona hapo ndio ilikua ya steering, i still have the scars from our own safari rally days.

mine remains ‘snake in the eagles shadow’ - Jackie Chan. we used to wait for these watoto kaeni chini like the 2nd coming of Jesus. still remember the dates;
[ul]
[li]2nd of every month - compact films.[/li][li]4th of every month - factual films(the owner died juzi juzi tu)[/li][li]24th of every month, tazama cinemas(mostly Christian)[/li][/ul]
**bahati grounds, eastlando…

Sisemi kitu
[ATTACH=full]105556[/ATTACH]
@Guru ebu pitia hapa

Elvis, Wang Yu, Antonio Sabato, Bud Spencer just to name but a few.
ground yetu ilikua Dagoretti market on the 3rd, 10th and 23rd of every month

Rawlings and Gaddafi.
[ATTACH=full]105558[/ATTACH]

Hehehe…
I remember alot of Jackie Chang movies and we used to say " Leo kuna fakcha" kumbe it was Factual films?..
Of course parents didn’t allow us so kazi ni kuruka Kwa dirisha and I remember a rainy day tulihepa and everyone was wearing gumboots alafu nyan’gau moja in the crowd iko na makaa Moto inaenda ikiweka Kwa gumboots za watu wamezubaa na movie…
Wacha watu wapige nduru I thought it was a terrorist attack!

Those were the days, we invented the very fisrt chemical weapons, (Mathayo) unhatched rotten chicken eggs. woe unto you if you got hit with this stinker, ata uoge mara kumi in a day the smell stuck on you for a week

Hasn’t changed much.

Datsun 160J