TBT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTYXgXfrf3w

1988, one year i will never forget, was a mixed bag of fortunes,

the bad- it was my first year to attend this national celebrations, went for moi day at kasarani to celebrate 10 years on nyayo era,then fujo ikatokea , sema kukanyangwa na watu. its also the last national celebration event i ever went to, nazioneanga kwa TV
the good - that was the first time i laid eyes on the beautiful girl i ended up marrying 14 years later

Nipewe unga, sukari, church, mkate, mchele mikebe tatu, pop corns na change[ATTACH=full]49263[/ATTACH]

Waiting for a bus at the G.P.O.bus stage on Kenyatta Avenue.Photo taken in 1987.
[ATTACH=full]49265[/ATTACH]
identify Guka in the pic

good old days

Kwa wale hawapendi koo wanaeza kula kashata
[ATTACH=full]49249[/ATTACH]

This publication simply vanished from the streets of Nairobi a number of decades ago.
[ATTACH=full]49266[/ATTACH]
@gashwin do you remember this mag

British motor corporation or something like that? Seems life in those days was cool

weka shukari guru

Sheepskin traders along the Limuru Naivasha Road.Photo taken in 1986.
[ATTACH=full]49268[/ATTACH]
@bjurmann , are these guys still there?

Dr. Ciano. locking Kiharu with 92%.

[ATTACH=full]49269[/ATTACH]

Bado wako but sio wengi. they even have sheep skin caps

Mzee jomo Kenyatta at the coast province.Photo taken in the late 1960s.
[ATTACH=full]49270[/ATTACH]
Hizi gari hupelekwa wapi, we should have a museum for this old presidential vehicles.

By the way meria mata ushawai fanya job national archives? ama uko na high security clearance huko?

hehehehehehe, gojea nicheke, hahahahahaha,
kwa nini wauliza boss?

Here is a more clearer one from the 70’s
[ATTACH=full]49272[/ATTACH]

Hizi picha zinakaa declassified TBT edition.
Nice collection.

if only you knew how much effort goes into TBT. it takes a whole week to compile this pics.
if ktalk goes down lots of history will be lost. hope @admin has got backup.

Before the 8.4.4.system of education,candidates sat for their C.P.E.while in Standard 7. @FieldMarshal CouchP scored straight A’s. in the 1973 examination.
[ATTACH=full]49273[/ATTACH]
now you know why he is MIT

[ATTACH=full]49274[/ATTACH]
sijataja mtu