The Agikuyu community

Don’t expect our generation or even the coming generation solve this disease called tribalism in Kenya.
It needed the right social reforms immediately after independence, when the seeds of tribalism were being sown. But our socalled founding fathers watered them, weeded them and prepared for a bountiful harvest when countries such as Tanzania and DRC strived to create a common people.

How many are they?

Very unfortunate your revisionist views will never be mainstream. I see your pain. Just assume you fought for independence to heal yourself.

Wewe ni nini mbaya na wewe.What are you talking about.Nitadeal na wewe kakanyiously

You are being pained by poor people having pride in the humanity. Unafikiria a person’s worth is only their wealth and land? Many people find contentment in many other ways. Having a lot of land is not the only way to be content in this world.

Go contribute in sex and relationship category,haujielewi

You would have to be [SIZE=6]very dumb to believe any African tribe could put up a fight with the British empire[/SIZE]… the largest empire to have ever existed and which once controlled over half of the world population in one way or another…

If you studied the real history you would know what were the actual events that led to the decolonisation of Africa… forget the history taught in African schools, it’s mostly propaganda and brainwashing especially on the topic of colonisation, Wikipedia is even a better source

Tell us boy, how did we gain independence if African agitation for independence payed ZERO role in our eventual self rule and sovereignty? Tell us why the British left kenya if they had all the guns and bombs to keeps nyeuthi in line?? Why did they leave? i want to hear this please, tuambie

I will thank you for asking… I will give a very rough history, it’s a long story but African resistance played a very small role if any.

Africans should thank [SIZE=6]Hitler and the USA[/SIZE], because, without Hitler, there would be no world war II, and without world II, USA would not emerge as the undisputed superpower…

During war II (1939 → 1945) British and its European allies were embroiled in a very bitter war with Germany… and at some point (thanks to Japan), the USA entered the war on the British side… Hitler obviously lost the war, but he had put a very good fight, the economies of Europe were all badly damaged. [SIZE=7]The United States was the only country to emerge from the war in strong economic and military shape, and thus was in a unique position to shape the terms of the peace. During the 1941 Atlantic Conference, the British and the US leaders met to discuss ideas for the post-war world. One of the provisions added by President Roosevelt (of USA) was that all people had the right to self-determination… he demanded the autonomy of imperial colonies ([/SIZE][SIZE=4]remember USA itself had no colonies at all)[/SIZE][SIZE=7].[/SIZE]

The rest is history, European colonies slowly started gaining independence, Eritrea 1947, Libya 1951, Sudan 1956, Ghana 1957, Guinea 1958, Uganda 1962 …

You may wonder why the USA wanted independence for Africans, well, the USA itself has a very dark racist history and was also at the time dealing with a lot of blacks vs whites shenanigans, so they were looking at colonisation from a very different perspective compared to the Europeans… Africans also contributed a lot to the world war II victory, and the USA wanted that to be recognized, in Kenya, it was mainly Akamba people who fought in the world war, fighting alongside the Allied soldiers against the Japanese in worlds far away from home (The Burma Battles).

At some point, Africans need to stop crying over(or for) land that was stolen after independence. Land is not the ticket to prosperity. It is just one of the tools. One of the many. In my ancestral land, my grandfather had about 60 acres. This number is interesting in itself but that’s another story. And he was one of the bigger holders amogst his peers. Trust me preindependence if you wanted land it was there. In fact up to the 90s. So it looks like the family should be prosperous. Think again. Sub divide that amongst 5 sons. Each got about 12 acres. One son has 7 kids. So nowadays the girls are given something so it’s roughly 1.5 acres per child. Some of it is in places you can’t really till eg a stream runs through or a swamp or on a slope. So imagine his peers who had 2-3 acres to start and had 5-6 kids. If land divisions keep happening, some original holders will be dividing in feet. Can you really sustain a family with 1.5 acres of land? Or a eighth. It’s the reality of life. I see this happening over and over.

What about Zimbambwe? Those guys decided it was okay for whites to stay and it took a long and bloddy war to kick them out. Are you sying that whites in Zimbambwe left the country in [SIZE=6]1980, a whole 35 years [/SIZE][SIZE=4]after world war 2 when UK was a strong country. why did the whites also stay in South Africa if independence was forced upon them by the US? [/SIZE]

trust me, there has never been a war between Europeans and Africans in history, it is like a 30-year-old man fighting a toddler… am not saying this as a self-hating black, in fact, I wish African could militarise fast, do some space program, buy some submarines and have an actual army that can stand against a developed nation, lakini wapi?

Diplomacy is a very complicated and delicate game, the British initially refused this idea of decolonisation and said only Germany should be forced to give up the colonies since it caused and lost the war, but the USA stood their ground, so diplomacy has to kick in, give and take, they had invested a lot in Africa, like the railways, the big farms, e.t.c so they needed time to repatriate some of that capital…

Everyone knows decolonisation was messy and the Europeans ended up doing a very bad job, handing over to incompetent, corrupted individuals and not helping Africans set up sustainable governance structures, remember Africans were walking around naked less than a century before, now they have to govern a modern nation with judiciaries and legislatures and stuff, they didn’t have the mental capacity to do it, and they quickly fell back to their default settings of mtu wetu… as a matter of fact, Kenyatta and Nyerere did their best … On the other hand, Uganda, Sudan, Rwanda, Burundi, Congos, and many others were embroiled in endless civil and bush wars in the decades that followed…

it was never theirs in the first place for them to hand over.

Which is what they did in Kenya. Did you get any part of it?

That implies they had a choice of keeping it, which they did not have. They just signed it over to the guy who happened to be closest and had a semblance of civilization. What other option did they have. Asin who else exactly would they have signed over the government if not Kenyatta. People talk like there were thousands of guys lining up to be given the government and the colonists pulled a name out of their hat and settled on kenyatta

Kenyatta never took Agikuyu’s land. can u tell me where Kenyatta’s have land in Nyeri, Kirinyaga, Nyandarua, Murang’a,and Laikipia. The only land Kenyatta’s own in central is only that piece in Kiambu which is not even an 1/16 of Kiambu and given its location and “climate” I guess no one lived there in the early days so the Kenyatta just took it for himself.

Wewe acha mchezo, do you know all that land opposite Eastern Bypass, which is host to Peponi school is held by Kenyatta family. All the empty land opposite kahawa sukari is Kenyatta land and you are saying they do not have land in Kiambu?
[ATTACH=full]304524[/ATTACH]

I know that land yenye iko Ruiru n I have not said the Kenyattas dont have land in Kiambu. but that land in Kiambu is not even 1/16 of the county. then name me where else in Mt.Kenya region Kenyattas have land.

That is not the only land they own in Kiambu. Go to Kiambu and Thika, there are undeveloped huge tracts that are obviously owned by kenyattas. The Beth Mugo family, the Koinanges, all those relatives of Kenyattta own a lot of Kiambu. There was even a recent case where one follishi relative of kenyatta handed over his land as a security for a loan and KCB took the land. He lost over 400 Acers, na huyo ni cousin mmoja tu. You have not even started talking about the extended uncles and aunts from Uhuru mother side, all of whom are well compensated in land ownership

[ATTACH=full]304525[/ATTACH]

Speak for kales!
Let kiuks speak for themselves!!!