The all new Toyota Rush 7 seater

Instead of ranting, start by doing it, leading the way. Buy a locally made Mobius, or better still, build your own car and market it to us.

Asante, I didn’t know that.

OK, just seen that. I was very disappointed when they did away with Vanguard to prop up Harrier sales. That car is solid, cheaper and 7 seater. I’m not sure this new Rush will match that. It looks good but lighter.

Let me give you a challenge. Tafuta Manu Chandaria and ask him why he’s not building cars.

BTW, how many industrialists do we have in Kenya?

In a recent thread the mobius recieved a thrashing from ktalkers and JM baraza led the band wagon. They may be justified though…Main reason people buy cars from outside the country is perception. Would you trust a local factory over a Japanese one? I know it is flawed thinking but that is where we stand. Same applies to the mtumba industry. Where imported clothes are cheaper than locally made and viewed as better in quality

Wount he need the same port Hez castigating to export his goods???

This style of beating down an argument never helps. Ati, si uanze na kama huwezi basi nyamaza. That moves people nowhere.

However you do have a very important point, which is : START already, C’mon do it!
And my answer is, if you read my comments, I mentioned that the enabling environment to make the START is missing. This is a car we’re talking about. We are talking millions of dollars here. You can’t just walk into an equity bank branch and ask for 400 million dollars ati you want to build a car like the tesla folks. I doubt even the Kenya govt. has that money ready to embark on such a venture.

Then there’s the market and distribution dynamics. A very complex dynamic like pointed out with the Mobius car. There is a huge demand for cars yes,but you have to corner this market forcefully. And to do this one needs govt. help to make sure they tax the imported cars VERY HIGHLY so people buy local cars. So, you have to have govt. support.

Cars are usually made and sold as a source of National pride. That’s one reason maybe Mobius isn’t pushing many units. There have to be partnerships btn many stakeholders in the country. And whether you like it or not govt. has to be in there.

Then there’s the aspect of technical know how. Education on how to make a modern vehicle or vehicle parts. Which is why i mentioned colleges. This thing is broad bwana. Which is why I was suggesting start small but at the college level with spare parts for instance. Even those spare parts will still require loads of govt. support to get off the ground. The best machining, boring equipment. Materials for the manufacturing etc.

Take Japan for instance. The Japanese govt. is always stepping in to help the automotive industry stretching all the way back to the times of kiichiro toyoda father of Toyota. Mr. Toyoda failed so many times that he more or less left the company dead when he passed on in the 1950s.
But he used to fail, and the Japanese govt. steps in. Here’s more money make a new car. Can you get that kind of support here in Kenya? In fact most car manufacturers out there were started off by govts. during the world wars. Small companies moved from making sewing machines to making army truck engines during the world wars. Then those manufacturers then became confident enough to make a whole car by themselves. So there has to be some form of support from the get go.

this is not a kiosk one is starting. Or a butchery. This is a “biosphere” supporting not just humans and govts but even nature itself. Whole villages and cities of millions supporting and supported by one factory.

Would you pass up the Dell and HP laptops to buy Taifa laptop ya Jkuat?

This harrier is also super, something for the future. Too bad its only a 5 sweater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mcp4G-PTlk

Looks fine AF… Hii itaanza kuingia 2024 huko. Kenyans tuko shida. Ni used tu ndio tunaweza. All because of the mean KRA policies

The most retarded reaso.ing I’ve read in a long while. Kwani railway na port dont process exports?

Acha kelele bas.

saw harrier hybrid Jana it must be one of those latest

Si ulete hio maoni yako sober and foward thinking. Hujaelewa nini imeandikwa kazi ni kunyamba nyamba hapa kama mjinga. get a life.

Kelele gani. The problem is that you always want to look at everything with a Jubilee Nasa lens. Even what is obvious. Ameguza reli so he must be against us. He is attacking the president.

That is a big heap of ugly…
Shait.

Afadhali ni nyambe tumbo ikae poa than posting such a useless flatulence loaded reasoning.
" Why indeed do we have such a big and hi-tech port and railway line to BRING IN things. Common sense dictates that we should be building more things that take OUR PRODUCTS OUT!"
Pray what things will take our products out if it aint the port and railway?

It was

So when u have the products to ship out u wount use the same port to export? I think ur not so bright.
What comes first road or car?