The assault begins

tuko nyuma ya Kencell ama Celltale ama ni zain

Notice how the list of entities whose products and services should be boycotts “coincidentally” comes out on the same day as the announcement on intent to secede, I suspect leaders from western and kambaland refused to join the fray which scuttled the whole thing.

western ni shida, imagine if they were to agree to the same they would have kalenjin land to their east and museveni to their west, kidogo usikie jose kony ameingia hapo mt elgon, somethings might look sexy on paper or from a distance lakini when you imagine the consequences you find you are way better in your current situation.

In fact the govt shouldn’t respond. Let them proceed with the plans ile hadi wanaanza kuulizana ‘kwani serikali haishughuliki? Haioni tunataka kujiendea kivyetu? Ama iko kitu wanapanga?’

Just a thought. What if “us” as Ktalk adopted a different approach to these discussions? I see us imitating our leaders and taking hardline positions and wonder who benefits from our posturings. What if we as Ktalk provided leadership…say we come up with a way of shaping national discourse instead of competing with the likes of Duale/Junet/Murkomen/Khalwale in sycophancy…We are capable of steering national discourse in a very objective way if we want to…more objective than even the mainstream media… I know some like @spear (take it on a light note bro) do this because this is what they are paid to do, and I understand…but I fail to understand why so many of us adopt a very polarizing and abusive tone when discussing politics. I always try to strike a conciliatory tone when talking politics because am at the bottom of the political food chain where am most likely going to interact/do business/associate with many of you here regardless of your political affiliations. Am also aware that the country belongs to all of us…yes, some have grievances, very normal in a country that depends on a very limited extractive economy…can we listen to them without belittling them? Is it possible to try and accommodate contrary opinions in a more civil manner…to try and look at issues from the point of view of the "other"side before we dismiss them. Both political divides have some positives…as well as negatives…why don’t we focus on discussing the merits and demerits of each outfit without our usual tribal/party lenses? A good start would be a discussion on why the newly gazetted election laws would be good for the country…followed by where they might hurt the country…then we can attempt an objective look at Joho and Kingi’s proposal minus the insults…another topic would focus on the politics of economic boycott… Trust me, once politicians realise we are level headed tthey would have no option but to also adopt a more uniting approach…they read sites like this to gauge the mood of the country before making their one sided pronouncements.

National Resistance Movement of Kenya, [03.11.17]
STATEMENT ON INTENT TO PURSUE SELF DETERMINATION

Today the coast political leadership has held a consultative meeting in which it has been resolved to initiate the process of self determination of the coastal peoples using all legal means, both local and international.

We wish to state that since independence, successive governments have marginalized and to date continue to marginalize and oppress our people. Therefore, such governments have no moral authority to govern us. It is no longer feasible for us as a people to continue in a country that does not recognize our aspirations as legitimate.

We therefore wish to announce the beginning of the consultative process towards secession of the Coast region. Ali Hassan Joho

Ndii’s online petition has only garnered a mere 31000 signatures, 28000 of them in Kenya. Their target? 1.5M

Second the economic quack’s petition will be dead on arrival, the charter the quack and governors hope to use has been defined by legal precedent to mean - liberation from colonialism, not balkanisation of independent states. Who is coming to the rescue of the Catalans? What about more meritorious cases such as the Oromos or the Delta Region in Nigeria? Kingi and Joho are living a pipe dream.

The African Commission has considered the right to self-determination in only one case, that mentioned above brought on behalf of the people of Katanga, in what was then known as Zaire. The communication alleged no other human rights violations, and the Commission ruled that, at least in such circumstances, self-determination could not be equated with secession. “In the absence of concrete evidence of violations of human rights to the point that the territorial integrity of Zaire should be called into question, and in the absence of evidence that the people of Katanga are denied the right to participate in Government as guaranteed by Article 13(1) of the African Charter, the Commission holds the view that Katanga is obliged to exercise a variant of self-determination that is compatible with the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Zaire”. http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Publications/GuideMinorities6en.pdf

This is how the Spaniards deal with secessionists

Eight sacked Catalan ministers have been remanded in custody by a Spanish high court judge over the region’s push for independence.
Prosecutors had asked the judge to detain eight of the nine former regional government members who turned up for questioning in Madrid.
They are accused of rebellion, sedition and misuse of public funds.
Prosecutors are also seeking a European Arrest Warrant for ousted Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont. [http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41854248’]http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41854248]('http://[URL)

But why do people fear this secession thing? Why can’t we just give it a shot!

looking at the newest states, s-sudan, kosovo and east timor one notices that the issue is not independence but recognition by the international community and of course admission to the UN, and for that to happen the new state would most likely need one of the permanent members to push the case, I don’t think there is any appetite in any of the latter trying to divide the country.

hii ndio ilikuwa approach ya Kibaki. The guy used to go silent until you ask yourself whether he really got the memo.

I agree, hoho and kingi wouldn’t attempt it themselves but will send gullible followers to try some desperate attempt of sabotage or attacks. Those will be dealt with mercilessly. They know their retirement is also set at August 2022 and they can’t ran for governorship again. They are already looking for relevancy after 2022.

My thoughts exactly, Boko Haram is evidence of how something harmless can morph into a bloody mess. Unlike the original boko haram Mombasa and Kilifi and the counties there are no longer sidelined, the national government is pumping a lot of money to build infrastructure over there, the sgr alone and the new berth and the roads have earned Msa more revenues due to increased efficiency, I saw a huge dam is being built in kilifi to end their water problems. this purely political blackmail.

Halafu babuon sijui mbona ametupa kadi zake zote kwa meza including joker. Now he’s anxiously staring and waiting for the other side(with several jokers BTW) to deal theirs.

I expected this from the cuculite. Publicity stance!

Arap Moi once told the nation… Kenya inawenyewe, can you secede from what is not yours?

If Unye represents all those things you have mentioned, How come so many kenyans are so pissed of with Him as a leader?

If majority of Kenyans had their way, He would never have become a president of Kenya. Because His leadership was an uncontrollable mistake.
This is because, His actions speak louder than His words. He preaches peace yet He prepares for war. In all other regions in Kenya He makes promises but in His home turf He commission’s projects.

Those are some of the reasons why, as long as He is on that seat most of the Kenyans see losse and assured poverty, lack of every basic right.

CURIOUS

And we the grass will feel it more than rough… .

Sure. When you boycott and sabotage elections, the only real measure of popularity in Kenya, you can claim anything.

A Father’s Wise Advice

5 Get wisdom; develop good judgment.
Don’t forget my words or turn away from them.
6 Don’t turn your back on wisdom, for she will protect you.
Love her, and she will guard you.
7 Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!
And whatever else you do, develop good judgment.
8 If you prize wisdom, she will make you great.
Embrace her, and she will honor you.
Proverbs 4

Wacha kuongea kaa mtu amenjotikiwa mapua, nonsense!!!
Jubilee has commissioned the Ahero-Kisii 84 kilometre road together with feeder roads that will be upgraded to bitumen standards, a bridge connecting Mbita town to Rusinga, commissioned the Sinendet-Kisumu oil pipeline and the Kisumu oil jetty… Ahhhh!!! Bilari magua!!! @spear kuja muonyeshe development projects za Jubilee.