The big VITZ

Usiuze. Anza side hustle kama hauna. Kama unayo i-boost. Sasa una gari, you have no reason ya kutokuwa na side hustle - after all hutumii matatu.

Enjoy your car brother lakini it is a liability. It just facilitates movement nothing more.

A car should only consume no more than 15% of your income,Mimi sioni 10500 shs zikimanage ku run a car ,hii tumia Kama Uber money,my fren as you invest to own a car in the future.

Congrats are in order for being proud of what you can afford.
There are many ‘my car’ types who wouldn’t be caught dead mentioning the type of car they own.

Umeongea ukweli

Going backwards is not an option. Just work harder to maintain your new position in life.

That was good advice from @Azor Ahai. Take it as challenge to increase your income so that you can “afford” the car

Don’t be so hard on the kid man. I am sure even with 50k he can afford the Vitz. Let’s say he lives near his working station and needs only a litre per day. That’s only 100 bob per day totalling to 3k per month. Insurance is like 7k per year. DL renewal is like 600 per year. These Toyota coakroaches are very economical with servicing. You might only meet the mechanic like thrice in a year. Sijui hii 30k umefikaje?

Maaaan…hi ktalk mko na roho chafu. The guy just wants to enjoy his car peace why the hell should you come and dump all this negative energy on the guy…are really that unhappy with your lives that you have to tear down any shred of happiness in other man’s life. Very shameful. Bro do what feels right for you. #loveyours don’t base your happiness on these low lives. Ata ukitaka kuendesha mkokoteni Ni sawa.

Let the guy enjoy his car in peace different people have different tastes and it’s insulting to impose your short sited negative opinions…he didn’t ask for an opinion for which car to buy. I doubt if you can afford a vitz with this nihilism

How do you his financial situation? Y do you just assume he’s a teacher? Just be happy for guy or brag about your “big car”

The guy isn’t asking for advice of whether to buy a car or not. Yes you make some good points but it was totally unsolicited.

why are you justifying yourself to a total stranger!? enjoy your life my friend achana na standards hazina mbele wala nyuma and advice that you never asked for!

Maybe for you it’s a means of transport but depending on where you are in life it might mean much more. The car has enabled a brother get more p**sy and that’s a positive if you ask me.

You guys just don’t get the point. Of what use will it be for him to save and slave all his life so that he can buy a Prado when he’s 90? I 'll take a tuk tuk any day in my teens over a Bugatti in my 80s

You, like most people, ignore the indirect costs of owning a car. Those are the costs that you don’t see in that simple calculation. You can’t own a car and live exactly as you used to before owning it. Utajipata una shughuli mingi mingi because you are mobile. Road trips, expensive restaurants, more beer and nyama choma, more women, more trips to the mall etc. Did you count this?? There are invisible costs of owning a vehicle and if you have one you should know that already. The car itself may consume 15k per month from fuel, parking, carwash, simple repairs etc etc. The other 15k will come from lifestyle creep, not the car itself. You will even visit your parents more often than you used to which is good, but also costs money.

What if he decides not to engage in all these associatiated activities by being disciplined enough. I know of many folks who have cars but they are frugal as hell.

He is a teacher. Anyone who has lurked in this forum long enough knows that. He even posted ametoka set-books. What else do you need to know that??
I am challenging mwalimu to start a side hustle if he doesn’t have one because a teacher’s income cannot sustain a car and leave room for savings.

Read his first post again. He is very happy about getting more pussy nowadays. Very few people can avoid the temptation and lifestyle that a car exposes them to. Unless you are a robot, lifestyle will creep for most people and it is human nature.

Kwani hujui yeye ni mkamba na wakambodia wako addicted na hii kitu sana?