The case for Brookhouse and the likes

Nonsense…u don’t need a school to mold u. When it comes to kids success, parents and people around the kid have a lot to on how the kid turns out.

Shida tuko nayo ni kutafuta magic trick. Eti if only my kid attends this school then he is guaranteed to do well in life.

Akina Caroline Mutuku ndio wanalia sio wazazi wote

Sasa hawa ndio middle class that I am referring to kwa hii thread. People who can barely afford to take kids there, but they still do for “class” and other reasons. She may be rich, but huko anashindana na governors and PS’s who steal what she earns in a year, on a slow afternoon.

"The parents argue that the likes of Justice Ndung’u and Mutoko have options to take their kids to cheaper schools since their major concern is the school fees. "

Kimenyi juu unajua kila kitu i wonder where u school your semi-retarded and special needs kids

Semi retarded ni wewe :D:D By the way I will keep fucking your wife during my away games by the time you settle utampata akiwa borehole :smiley:

[ATTACH=full]302316[/ATTACH]

:D:D Nyinyi wawili mlitoa wapii hii beef yenu?

hio upuzi ya alpha na beta…or is it marriage and anti marriage…they front the two sides…so far @Azor Ahai kijana brown has been winning hands down

They are both OK and winning in different ways. Life has no set script.

Justice Ndung’u is not middle class. Most filthy rich women I know behave like peasants.

Unaeza pata mama akona pesa sana anaanza ku-bargain na mama mboga.

Even Mama Ngina Kenyatta (as written in Kenya: Looters and Grabbers book) is notorious for not paying some of the people she goes into business with despite being a birrionare.

:smiley:

You don’t think it’s valuable for your child to have those connections of friends whose parents are well connected?

Anyway I never went to that sort of school. Was in Saint Marys for a good chunk of my education and we intermingled with those schools except we used to kick their asses at everything. It was good times though. Creates a lot of memories and well rounded people. At the time it was also a bunch of ambassadors kids. Wakina Robert Oukos kids. There were some interesting personalities lakini when you are young those things don’t register.

Private school maybe. Public school is shit

I think it messes up with kids because humility and resilience are very important aspects of character building. I know people who were educated in these elite schools, unfortunately most of them developed weird personalities and super-entitled attitudes. As a result, they never eclipsed their parents’ achievements, not by a long shot. They like to silence people with their daddy’s CV.

I think it is valuable. You obviously have a big problem understanding a simple point. I am not against schooling at Brookhouse and the like. I am against taking your kids there when you can barely afford it. If you are a true birrionea, then by all means, taking a kid to the best school makes sense. If you are not that rich, the type that is trying to negotiate school fees for one term/semester (who probably pay fees in monthly installments), that is not the place for you.

I went to cheap schools, worked my ass off especially in secondary. Sleeping at 2am and waking up at 5am was nothing out of the ordinary.I never enjoyed my teens and early adulthood. Later on to realise that I shouldn’t have pushed myself too hard. I would always have had a soft landing.
I don’t want the same for my kids. Just decent effort and wholesome balanced life. There are many schools that offer that for affordable fees.

Inheritance? If not, what else would have guaranteed you a soft landing…

Half the shit we read in school was useless tbh. The English books we read were simple. We weren’t exposed to the best writing, the best art. We spent so much time doing manual math that we couldn’t get into complex stuff. Computers.
Our focus was on rote memorization instead of ideas and how to think and process stuff. It’s good foundation for tasking your brain but we were learning old stuff that wouldn’t help us on a day to day to remember. All those dates we had to memorize in History.

I did most of my learning or exposing myself to things after high-school.

I’d probably take my kid to a well rounded have fun school when young. Develop those friendship. Then if there are stem programs I’d place him there. But all through I’ll be exposing him to ideas, books, art. All the excellent stuff. If it’s chess I can teach him. If it’s flying a plane I’d teach him at 16 so by the time he or she is 18 they have the licenses almost ready and he has a payable skill set to fall back on.

Yeah it’s weird coz I also interacted with those superich kids they used to come for bakee to our school. I remember these Chinese, Korean, White assholz wanajidai mahip hopper na matatoo and talking ish… The blacks were a bunch of pansies too feminised in my opinion.

Hawa wasee kweli wataenda all those fancy colles huko majuu after serious shafting ya fees hapa Vumbistan, but mlete kwa hii system yetu haezitoboa bila daddy’s connections. I know a guy who went ISK, then South Africa and Ivy League lakini ofisi pale westy hakuna kitu angenisho mambo IT, mse wa public uni There’s something about going through the public school system hapa 254 that moulds the colorful characters. Show many how many of our leaders studied in Braeburn or Peponi or Banda vs akina Kapsabet/Nguviu boyz

I think the best combination is taking them through kawaida primary school but ensure mtoi high school ameingia the best money can buy. That is where the real learning /connections happen mtoi akiwa an excellent school atakua exposed to all that makes one an all rounded person