The Debate: Monday Evening Quarterback Analysis

Unfortunately all American Wars have been started by Republicans. Comedy will be when American funding for population health programs dry up since its all about America first and kids will die from lack of vaccines and HIV programs will be underfunded and many people will die … then comedy will be Government of Kenya saying the don’t have funding for such programmes…and the MPs will have a 100% pay raise. Is that not comedy?

Home is best but not the time yet

You have forgotten Obama with help from Hillary destroyed Libya. If funding dries then we will just have to evolve: it will be painful at first but eventually we will learn, mentally evolve and comeout stronger.

Your President Thanked… :stuck_out_tongue:

[ATTACH=full]327093[/ATTACH]

How is he my president? And for your info your presidential choice is also a racist. Remember he told blacks: " you ain’t black if you vote for Trump".

:D:D So all white people are racist?

:D:D:D:D The Hoax is now being used to cancel Debates and campaign as poll numbers falter… :D:D:D:D

[ATTACH=full]327190[/ATTACH]

They will be FINE.

Sure our House Dr… You said the same thing on Herman Cain and I was the one who tagged you on his situation so I do remember that well. :smiley:

https://www.kenyatalk.com/index.php?attachments/shimmeringgargantuanbighornsheep-size_restricted-gif.327147/

POTUS has access to the best doctors and medical facilities. If the worst comes to worst, he gets a lung transplant probably at the Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins, MGH etc. I’m sure they have all contingency plans in place.

Or a burial in Arlington ?

[SIZE=7]Conspiracy-Theory Twitter Is Going Nuts Over Trump’s COVID Diagnosis[/SIZE]

HASHTAG CRAZY
Within moments of the Trumps confirming they had both tested positive for COVID-19, conspiracy theorists were going wild.

Conspiracy-Theory Twitter Is Going Nuts Over Trump’s COVID Diagnosis

A number of Twitter users have pushed the theory that the president is “faking” the diagnosis to get out of any more disastrous debates or to distract the world from his $750 tax scandal.

[MEDIA=twitter]1311974157337473024[/MEDIA]

More sage posters, like author and self-described conspiracy-theory debunker Mike Rothschild offered this: “The galaxy brain take is that Trump is faking COVID to get out of the debates or distract from the tax stuff. But his image depends on being a bull god street fighter Adonis who outworks men half his age. He wouldn’t pretend to be sick and weak. If anything, he’d cover it up.”

[MEDIA=twitter]1311915849540792320[/MEDIA]

Yet another camp of conspiracy theorists believes that the president is faking the diagnosis so he can say how quickly he recovered and how COVID-19 is not at all as bad as it seems. A poster named Catherine Kenyon theorizes that Trump needs to change the conversation for two or three weeks. “At which time, Trump can emerge hale and hearty and say that Covid barely laid a glove on him.”

[MEDIA=twitter]1311988568261382144[/MEDIA]

Is this the equivalent of QAnon for the left?

I thought the left is only guided by science.

This is quite unscientific.

Defiant, Now Infected: Trump Is a Morality Tale…The president has the coronavirus. Let’s learn from that.
It’s a measure of the cynicism that has infected American politics — and, yes, me — that among my initial reactions to the news that President Trump had tested positive for the coronavirus was: Are we sure? Can we trust that? A man who so frequently and flamboyantly plays the victim, and who has been prophylactically compiling ways to explain away or dispute a projected election loss to Joe Biden, is now being forced off the campaign trail, which will be a monster of an excuse. I couldn’t help thinking that.

[ATTACH=full]327202[/ATTACH]

I couldn’t help thinking, too, about karma, and I immediately felt and still feel petty for that. Trump has spent much of the past six months, during which more than 200,000 Americans died of causes related to the coronavirus, downplaying the pandemic, flinging out false reassurances, and refusing to abide by the very public health guidelines that officials in his own government were fervently promoting.

He didn’t wear a mask. He encouraged large gatherings — including the Tulsa, Okla., rally that Herman Cain attended before falling sick with the coronavirus and dying, and his big convention speech, at which hundreds and even thousands of people, many without any facial covering, packed in tight. At the first presidential debate on Tuesday night, he mocked Biden for so often wearing a mask, suggesting that it was a sign of … what? Timidity? Weakness? Vogueishness? Moral vanity?

With Trump, it can be hard to know, and it’s hard to know whether his own defiance was a kind of wishful thinking about the coronavirus’s true prevalence, a reflection of his belief in his own physical invincibility, some combination of the two or none of the above. But it’s easy to identify the morals of this story. The most obvious is that the coronavirus has not gone away and there is no guarantee, contrary to the president’s sunny prophecies, that it’s going away anytime soon, certainly not if we’re cavalier about it.

Which brings up another moral, also obvious but apparently necessary to articulate: There is a real risk in being cavalier. The president is now the embodiment of that. The first lady, too. Also Hope Hicks, one of his closest advisers, and who knows how many others in his immediate circle? That question exists because, from the start, there has been a culture of cavalier attitudes and behavior at the White House when it comes to the coronavirus.

That culture was on flabbergasting display during those evening briefings the president used to do, the ones that he used primarily to congratulate himself and his administration on their fantabulous job battling the pandemic. They battled it all the way to America’s exceptional status as the world leader in recorded cases of, and deaths associated with, the coronavirus.

That culture was evident in the rallies that the president arranged and insisted on doing over recent weeks. That culture persisted on Thursday, when, according to an article by Peter Baker and Maggie Haberman in The Times, Kayleigh McEnany, maskless, held a briefing with reporters after Hicks’s infection with the virus was confirmed and after McEnany was on a plane with her and exposed to her. I read that and I winced and I gasped — and then I wondered why in the world I was wincing and gasping when it was par for the course. When it was business as usual. When it was an explanation for why we are where we are as a country and why Trump is where he is as a president and patient.

It is time, at long last, to learn. To be smarter. To be safer. To be more responsible, to others as well as to ourselves. We cannot erase the mistakes made in America’s response to the coronavirus but we can vow not to continue making them. The way to treat President Trump’s diagnosis is as a turning point and a new start. This is when we woke up.

The presidency and the president are always national mirrors, in many different ways at once, and that’s another moral. Trump has shown America its resentments. He has modeled its rage. Now he personifies its recklessness. How extraordinary and helpful it would be if, when he talks to the country about this, whether on television or in tweets, he reflects on that in a civic-minded way.

I’m certainly not counting on that: He may wind up having a mild, largely asymptomatic experience with the coronavirus and feeling somehow vindicated. But I’m rooting for a more mature tack.

Because I don’t want us to be cynical, no matter how much cause we’ve been given. I want us to be better.

Frank Bruni has been with The Times since 1995 and held a variety of jobs — including White House reporter, Rome bureau chief and chief restaurant critic — before becoming a columnist in 2011. He is the author of three best-selling books.

Latest Trump update:

The president has a fever, congestion, and a cough, two people close to him say.

[SIZE=5]Here’s what you need to know:[/SIZE]
[ul]
[li]Biden tests negative for the virus, he says.[/li][li]Trump recently traveled to and from 3 states with a packed schedule before he learned he tested positive.[/li][li]Pence, the next in line for the presidency, tests negative and will resume campaigning. Pelosi tests negative.[/li][li]The next week is the critical phase of Trump’s illness. Here are the risks he faces.[/li][li]These are the public officials and members of Trump’s circle who have recently tested positive or negative for the coronavirus.[/li][li]The president of Notre Dame tests positive, less than a week after a White House visit.[/li][li]Two companies developing antibody treatments declined to say whether Trump would get the drugs.[/li][li]Pelosi suggests Trump’s positive test makes a stimulus deal more likely.[/li][li]Azar defends the refusal of Trump’s family members to wear masks at the debate.[/li][li]News that the president contracted the virus leaves the world shaken.[/li][li]As Fox grapples with multiple exposures, debate moderator Chris Wallace tells viewers to ‘wear the damn mask.’[/li][/ul]
He has received a single infusion of a promising experimental treatment: an antibody cocktail developed by the biotech company Regeneron, according to a memo from his doctor, Dr. Sean P. Conley. Mr. Trump is also taking vitamin D, zinc, melatonin, daily aspirin, and famotidine (an antacid better known as Pepcid), the memo said.

“As of this afternoon, the President remains fatigued but in good spirits,” the Whitehouse memo said.

Mr. Trump had planned to hold two rallies this weekend in Wisconsin, despite the fact that the White House coronavirus task force had placed the state in the “red zone” because of its high rate of infections and recommended maximum social distancing there.

Trailing in the polls, the president in recent weeks has increasingly held crowded campaign events in defiance of public health guidelines and sometimes state and local governments. When he accepted the nomination on the final day of the Republican National Convention, he invited more than 1,000 supporters to the South Lawn of the White House and has held a number of rallies around the country since, often with hundreds and even thousands of people jammed into tight spaces, many if not most without masks.

Vice President Mike Pence — the first in line to assume the Oval Office if Mr. Trump becomes too ill to carry out his duties — tested negative for the virus on Friday, a glimmer of stability on a day when questions are swirling over what comes next should Mr. Trump’s symptoms worsen.

The government’s continuity plan in case of a national emergency, which largely focuses on wide-scale attacks, outlines such a procedure.

The presidential line of succession, laid out in a 1947 law, falls first to Mr. Pence. If he were to become too ill to carry out the duties of the president, the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, would step in. Ms. Pelosi has been tested and is waiting for her results

Joseph R. Biden Jr., who was a short distance from Mr. Trump as the Democratic nominee in the first presidential debate on Tuesday night, has tested negative for the coronavirus, he announced Friday. His wife, Jill Biden, also tested negative, Mr. Biden said.

It can take several days after exposure for the virus to reach levels that are detectable by a test. People show symptoms on average around five days after exposure, but as late as 14 days.

Maggie Haberman and Peter Baker

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said Tuesday that the second presidential debate should not be held if President Donald Trump is still infected with coronavirus, but that he would base his participation in the debate upon recommendations from medical experts.
“Well, I think if he still has Covid, we shouldn’t have a debate,” Biden told reporters in Maryland. “I think we’re gonna have to follow very strict guidelines. Too many people have been infected and it’s a very serious problem.”
He continued: “And so I’ll be guided by the guidelines of the Cleveland Clinic, and what the docs say is the right thing to do – if and when he shows up for debate.”
The former vice president also said he looks forward to the debate, which is set to take place next Thursday in Miami.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/politics/joe-biden-second-debate-trump-covid/index.html

“I’m looking forward to being able to debate him. But I just hope all the protocols are followed, what’s necessary at the time,” he said.
Trump, who left Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Monday after receiving treatment for the virus, is among more than a dozen people close to the administration or his reelection campaign who have contracted the virus in recent days.
The President tested positive last Thursday, but it’s unclear when he may have contracted the virus as officials – including his physician Dr. Sean Conley – have repeatedly refused to disclose when he last tested negative.
On Wednesday, Vice President Mike Pence and Sen. Kamala Harris, Biden’s running mate, are set to face off in their only debate of the 2020 cycle. Pence, who has been near a number of people who have contracted the virus, has tested negative for the virus several times in the last few days.
Trump has said that he plans to show up for the forthcoming debates despite his positive coronavirus diagnosis, leading debate organizers to consider a host of contingencies for how to host the two remaining presidential debates safely. One possible option is to hold the debates virtually.
“The Commission, including me, is certainly open to virtual operations of the debates, without question,” said a commission member, who asked for anonymity to speak openly about forthcoming deliberations.
Trump’s bout with the virus has brought fresh uncertainty into the race with less than a month until Election Day, raising questions about the health of the President as voters cast ballots in some states.
Conley insisted on Monday that Trump was well enough to return home, though he noted that the President “may not be entirely out of the woods yet.”
Biden, meanwhile, blamed Trump for contracting the virus, saying on Monday that his refusal to consistently wear masks and social distance were to blame.
“Anybody who contracts the virus by essentially saying, ‘masks don’t matter, social distancing doesn’t matter,’ I think is responsible for what happens to them,” Biden said of Trump during an NBC town hall in Miami.

This story has been updated with additional background information.
CNN’s Eric Bradner, Kevin Liptak and Maeve Reston contributed to this report.