The existence of free will

Ukweli mtupu. Man created god in his own image. Creating god was needed to give people hope. In like manner, creating Satan allowed them to blame someone else for their suffering and bad decisions. It is the very same man who declared himself special than all other creatures.

Spot on

@1776 in the fullness of time, we will burn the clergy at the stake. Once the masses know the truth, they will demand answers and apologies for lying to them for so long. It shall come to pass.

What people believe in is subject to personal biases and religious dogma,ask yourself why each religion has subsets huko ndani and different rituals and prayer models.Look at works done by Martin Luther and the Reformation process.Religion is often used to suppress people’s liberty’s especially by the tyrannical majority through ostracization and even violence.I urge you to familiarize yourself with works by John Stuart Mill on liberty and works by Nietzsche on morality and read his books especially his work in God is Dead and you will see how dangerous religion is.

I told brayo here a few days ago this; religion is not dangerous. Man is.
your personal bias stems from nietzsche’s work and other works that cement your belief that God is a creation of the mind. i asked you where that came from and you didn’t answer me directly but i see it now.
my view is this. you saw something that you didn’t like. you sought verification from others who made you further dislike what you saw. Yet a quick glance at John 16:2, you’d have realised that there is a problem.
God isn’t a creation of the mind. The mind is a creation of God.

you go ahead and burn the clergy. you will demand answers from who when they are dead? if you don’t have them now when they are alive, who will give it to you?
lucky for you, mr fireone, the answer is in The Word. but you have refused to read it, and you have let the clergy read and interpret it for you, and “lie” to you. Yet you do not know if they are lying because you have no basis for the truth.

I don’t think we’ve created god yet, the Chinese have started experimenting with monkey human Chimeras. When AI becomes conscious though we’ll have come full circle, we’ll probably not even realize it until we are hiding under caves like we used to in the stone age.

I should have said “created”

The concept of god exists, but we’ve never had to face it, all religions have always been afraid to bring god closer to the average person, citing that he’s not worthy or that he’ll die.

For the gods to be legitimate, they must be dressed in fear. They must be given real powers and lastly, real distance has to be established between gods and humans. This is critical. What I’m trying to say is that the whole idea of gods is anchored in fear and disinformation

but He was here some 2000 years ago and came to the “averagest” of averages; fishermen, drunks, prostitutes…how close can one be?
wasn’t His presence in the Ark of the Covenant there when it rested in some guy’s house?

I don’t like arguing with believers because every fact I post will be countered by another pseudo fact, you can’t help it, your cognitive dissonance won’t allow you to lose the argument, let’s just agree to disagree.

Man is a two sided being animal as rightly put by Mr Stevenson book DR Jekyll and Mr Hyde,most people are actors / Dr Jekyll / Utopia and will create an impression of godliness and spirituality ,but inside lies the beast ,the real you ,just bring some stressors / temptation na ndio utaona the whole actors facade collapse like a pile of card. Just look at the 7 deadly sins of medieval times ,upto date they consume man ,because they Target the Mr Hyde / practical /actual side of you the Human being. What am saying is,I look at man’s relationship with God in a practical , rational and Mr Hyde like objectivity , without any illusion or dogmas of utopianism,as John Stuart said " looking at things for what they are and not what they ought to be"

oh please! spare me the pity. you have no facts of your own. zero. you say every “fact” you will post. well done on using the future to counter the present. cool beans though. i agree to agree to disagree.

But you and your people (the writers) are just confirming what God says about man. That we are sinners and it is our nature. What is new?

How can your religion condemn me as a " sinner" for something that s my nature,what " good and loving God" can do that? It’s like condemning a duck for swimming in dirty waters or a pig for eating garbage,the religious books try to teach , implement and punish a fish that can’t climb a tree, your God can’t create you with defects from the start yet punishes you when the defect s start manifesting themselves,why can’t he either pardons you for your defects or reengineer you and remove the defects,to punish a being for " mistakes" that aren’t of its own making is just dumb

was evil created or manifested.You say your god ‘created’ everything including ‘feelings’ ,if not how was evil brought about? how do you understand your story book? apana fuata vitu kihobela hobela and then you bring it out “if you read the book”,what does your free will your so called god gave you to use tell you? ama unaogopa mungu? shouldn’t he be all loving? christians!!!

let me answer karoga first. i will be with you shortly.

:smiley: You have a good point.

Fair enough. Let me tackle each in its own merit.
How can your religion condemn me as a " sinner" for something that s my nature,what " good and loving God" can do that?
To answer you, He did not create you that way. That was the work of the deceiver. And when we followed him, that nature was beset on adam and his generations.

the religious books try to teach , implement and punish a fish that can’t climb a tree
No it doesn’t. that would be overreaching wouldn’t it? God tells us that His grace is enough. He knows your limitations, but also knows your strengths.

why can’t he either pardons you for your defects or reengineer you and remove the defects,to punish a being for " mistakes" that aren’t of its own making is just dumb
That is why Christ came, to pardon us and to give us a new hope. So He has already done that. When you are in Christ, you are a new creature. That’s reengineering. Christ’s blood sacrifice removes the sins (defects).

Remember, God is Holy. And that is His nature from day one. But He also gave you free will, which allows you to choose your path. The thinking that you have (that He’s a mental creation) is testament to that. Holiness demands justice. And sin cannot go unpunished. And he punished sinners. All of us would rightly be punished, but because Christ took it on my behalf, I need not worry. He has given us a way out.

So, He’s not a creation of the mind. All history/archaeology from day one, has NEVER countered a single Biblical statement even when they sound absurd. You can SIZE=2[/SIZE] prove me wrong. But there is no absolute proof of any other absurd claims made in every other religious text, and non has ever been subjected to the amount of scrutiny that The Word has.