The Gambia

Don’t you believe justice should prevail despite bitterness ,division and strife. To my little understanding of law is that justice should be executed without prejudices at all costs . People should desist from having partial execution of justice . This is just my take

2 Likes

And to make the situation worse for the poll victor, his 8 year old son was mauled by a Gambian shepart and died. Off course the father couldn’t attend the burial as he’s in exile.
Double tragedy.

1 Like

true, but we also have to appreciate that africa is in transition from the post independence era when strongmen ruled with an iron fist (with obvious human rights abuses and incidental historical injustices) to the democratic information age era. we need wise leaders to manage the transition so that attempts to seek justice for victims do not usher in an era characterised by a vicious cycle of change and retribution. new age leaders should be thinking of reconciliation and the building of more equitable societies…talk of taking others to jail is sounding the wardrums for endless wars…

3 Likes

:D:D:D mameibiwa kura.

???

Power can be addictive.

1 Like

Would you say execution of justice and jailing of Charles Taylor to be fair or justice wasn’t served ?

it is not about respectability but about the security of body and soul. self-preservation is a basic instinct…

Gathee niaje haushikanishi asubuhi hii yote??

nina multitask

That was devastating.

1 Like

He did not, but announcing you will jail him before he hands over power is scoring an own goal. The Kroll report and such actions were supposed to nail him but as time passed those in power discovered how sweet the nyama was and had no appetite for going to prison after their terms. So instead the process of normalization of looting began.

Sad that a majority of those beaten and clobbered under Moi are now the ones trying to bring back a “the government is always right and infallible” environment. There is a difference between skimming off the top in government contracts and completely ignoring the law on everything - this is the difference between KANU/JP and NARC/1⁄2 era.

1 Like

I’ll tell you guys a story maybe some of you know . Two young men left American state to attend youth conference in The Gambia. The two boys had a dream of Gambia that her people would know their rights and self empowerment .

One of the boys was called Lamin and I can’t remember the other . The moment they reached Gambia , they were executed and their bodies were never recovered till today . They are few of the thousands who have lost their lives because of unjust and insecure leader. Some fishermen from Ghana went fishing and happen to have stepped into Gambian waters . They were executed and blamed to be mercenaries hired to kill him. Later it was discovered that they were innocent fishermen who had a tough night looking for fish in the ocean.
[SIZE=16px] If you were Lamin’s parents who your only son was executed with no fair trial and you haven’t been given atleast his body to lay to rest ,would you talk of reconciliation with such a murderer ? I’ll say Mugabe is much better than this guy because
mugabe takes no pride in unjust executions . Jammeh deserves to join his predecessor Charles Taylor at the Hague.[/SIZE]

2 Likes

This is how an Arap Mashamba regime would to be. Thank heavens Kenyans are not that dumb.

1 Like

YEP I agree with you . When I visited that tiny country ,they tell me how they wish they can enjoy the freedom we have in Kenya . They told me that they understand that some of us can call out our president and still be alive . I said well we are used to that. In Gambia you whisper his name , and you don’t talk anything bad about him .

I’ll look for a clip where he was talking to recruits and addressing them by their tribes -mandingos and calling out the tribe he detested the most . I see arap karasinga having Jammeh’s traits. Ole wenu

I think this is the same fear that has brought about the RWNBP movement.

2 Likes

Siwezi kana. I see death in Ruto’s eyes. Maybe irrational but…

2 Likes

then if jammeh is as bad as it is said she must have seen it and so she should have motivation to try him, and if she doesnt it will be said she is complacent in jammehs crimes

Tosheka na ile kidogo unapata. All is vanity to vanity. Remember Mobutu?

1 Like

I think the son who died was human sacrifice, (My 2cnts) Just ask @Juma bekevu kama huyo hakuwa kafara

1 Like