The gentrification of Githurai 44

no one wants to live in a slum

Badala ya ufikirie kujenga kwako…na siku hizi umehepa ma routes zangu

:smiley: Most unlikely story but umesema mambo na bush nikakumbuka. Enzi zake kuna tufala twa hapo garden tuliingia hiyo msitu na bike tukaona mavi ya ngombe. Tukasemezana ati kuna cowboy huko mbele tukaegesha bike kwa mti ati watrack ngombe waone cowboy. Hawakupata cowboy. Lakini by that time (2hrs later), they could not remember where they left the bikes. Mr Munga uko hapa? :D:D:D Walipata bike lakini saa kumi na moja jioni. Kufika nyumbani waliundwa. :D:D:D

1 Like

Meffi wewe can you compare this place to shitty soweto corner hapo kayole

Hahaha hii folklore nimeiskia tena…kwani vipii zote zilikuwa na similar experiences

@Brayo44ki wacha kujifanya umehama 44 . Hii handle inakaa tu wewe. Pretending to have upgraded to Thome.

I think @Cassio might be Mr. Munga. I can see him with a bike cutting corners from Garden estate down to Thika Highway into zimmerman halafu anaanza za ati, “I grew up in Zimmerman in the 90s…”

Na primary ulienda wapi? Cos schools were relatively few in the 80s and 90s for these neighbourhoods

I schooled in Mahiga Primary hapo Kwest. But as I mentioned, this area was a bush and sparsely populated so primary schools back then are not the mess they are now. The whole Roysambu,Zima, Kwest sides ukija Githurai 44 and 45 has less than 5 public primary schools despite the huge increase in population since the 90s.

Mabati and shanty structures were replaced by this business block

Most of those building may look good on the outside but the rooms are poorly finished. Most of the rooms do not get sunlight therefore always stinky.

The worst feature however is the small rooms they call bedrooms and sitting rooms

Ghaseer

@Cassio Ghaseer! Unaanika aje Tamani homes hapa? Nitakupiga ma uppercut tukipatana hapo Sonic na mraiya yangu ya nduthi ya mboka. Watch your back ukipiga mbica kwa homeground. :D:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D Kwani unaijua? Manze this building has single-handedly transformed Githu 44 hata kama ni eyesore to others. No one ever thought such a building can be built in Githu, kwanza huko ndani

Facts.