The Judiciary is a JOKE

I expected this. Anyway, Perminus was charged under ACECA. Section 48 actually puts the penalty as a fine NOT EXCEEDING ONE MILLION SHILLINGS or a term not exceeding 10 years or both. So 600k is actually within the prescribed fine. However, where there’s a quantifiable benefit to the accused (the 13M in this case) he should be further fined double the amount. Here’s where the magistrate erred. Otherwise the 600k is okay only he needed to have further fined another 26M or so.

Parliament is innocent eh, I wont even bother addressing you.

The problem is these judges frequent the same establishments as the crooks. So you can easily bribe the judge, intimidate him/her and his family members or blackmail them…

The only way we can start convicting people is if we removed the flawed assessor system left behind by the British where the judge has the power to overrule a jury of just 3 people. And in turn, replace it with a jury system where a jury of 7 or 13 listen to the testimony of a trial and determine if a person is innocent or guilty by discussing it in a secure chamber. The judge won’t have the power to overrule them unless if the jury can’t decide on a verdict.

Also, if a case is in the lower courts they will be no jury just a case between the prosecution and defense and the judge will deliver the final verdict. It’s only in high court where cases will be listened to by a random selection of jury members from all over the Republic.

Like if someone steals 12m that crime against the state and one should serve at least 5 years in jail.

Sijui mambo ya Sheria sana but I know the sentence labda was "up-to 10 years and not less than a year with a fine of the similar amount

Ata mimi cjui sana, but what I know of is that different offences are treated differently. Githeri media doesn’t differentiate btn theft, abuse of office, fraud, embezzlement, corruption, conspiracy which all have different sentences.

Physical cartels