The kisii factor....

Eg?..in my opinion our tribe is not only unique but superior as compared to all other kenyan tribes…we posses fine traits

2 Likes

No love will be lost

Ongeri has never been the unifying factor in Kisii, neither has matiangi ever been…kisii people don’t have a unanimous voice

3 Likes

heard of the term intercluster correlation?? in short there are vast similarities between your friends, relatives and you and so that is a biased way of generalising

4 Likes

Wanjira,Wamae,Ngina

Another individual who knows what he’s talking about. Asante omwami. School these niggas.

Hata mimi nilishangaa but like someone said it could be a generational thing. Another possibility ni disconnect ya wakisii who live in mashinani & the Nyakundi types. Kuna group niko n those guys were shocked mbaya by the results. Common thing in that group is the guys are mostly scattered outside kisii.

4 Likes

I am Kisii, I knew Raila will have an uphill task in Nyamira, this is because truth of the matter is Governor Nyagarama performed dismally and to add insult to injury the ODM primaries were a sham, secondly, the IDP’s token which was issued to the Kisiis most of them being from Nyamira must have tilted the scales in Jubilee’s favour.

It also seems that Raila’s Campaign Team in Nyamira led by Mr Timothy Bosire underestimated Jubilee and did not mobilise in the grassroots, Mr Bosire even lost his seat.

In Kisii County, where I come from, clanism, should be one of the reasons, Nyaribari Chache, where Charles Nyachae hails from voted in a Jubilee MP, Uhuru must’ve obtained most of his votes here, also ODM nominations were bungled in some constituencies, so a good number of aspirants jumped ship to support Jubilee, we have clans/sub tribes in Kisii, like eight of them and an analysis of their voting trends is a subject that can be handled by an expert.

Sorry to say, that for the elderly, say above fifty folks, some cultural aspects have been in display. There is some disdain that needs to be reversed, there is a narrative that the people from the lake are arrogant, uncouth, , so they are not fit for leadership.

Summary:-

• Raila’s campaign was disorganised.
    -Cultural backlashes
    -Clanism and divide and rule by Jubilee
    -Handouts, especially to the hapless integrated IDPs in Nyamira
    -Matiangi and Maraga hail from Nyamira, I don’t know if this is reason enough
    -The cash to the elderly scheme is working where I come from in Kisii County, should be one of the reasons
    -Mismanagement of primaries by Nasa
    -Poor track record by the Nyamira County Government
    -In Kisii, Ongwae did not run a formidable campaign
    -Chris Obure and Charles Nyachae the Jubilee pointmen in the region are from Kisii County, Nyaribari Chache and Bobasi Chache constituencies to be specific, they did some good work for Jubilee.
21 Likes

The statement that Maasais shouldn’t allow ‘foreigners’ in Kajiado and majority of Kisiis are in Rongai n Ngong may be the reason. And Matiang’i factor too. May be

10 Likes

Rumours has that Baba disrespected Matiangi by humiliating him infront of many Kisiis esp. the elders

5 Likes

How do you go round it . My father tried through a local chief but waliambiwa it doesn’t work . How does he start ?

The old folks are recruited by the provincial administration, the lowest rank being the village elders who are appointed by the Asst. Chiefs. There is a lapse where you come from

Huko sasa ni stronghold

Pangángá punguza kijana,nilikuambia utajua hujui,kiherehere ndio unayo kupita kiasi,empt debe!

4 Likes

A friend had told me from long ago that nyamira is pro jubilee. I downplayed till the results were out.

Sadly the names have to come from the chief in order to verify that they actually need help. But since hii ni Kenya, try going through the local District children’s officer (DCO) especially if your dad lives with grand kids. Heads up, it’s not a lot of money, 2k given after 3-4 months.

I come from Nyamira and the last time I tried to talk about jubilee there I was told to shut up before nichapwe. I realized most people were for odm to avoid the backlash. Just remember we voted thru secret ballot and everyone voted freely hence the big win.

2 Likes

Nop he can’t qualify now that they know one of my siblings ako america. Anyway thanks for the info .

No problem.

1 Like

there was registration of new beneficiaries two months ago to include everyone aged 70 two months ago alijiandikisha?