The Land crisis, colonialism and Kenyan wealth

Thanks for sharing. I wouldn’t have seen this thread.
I especially enjoyed @Masood’s comment above. Yes our native elites are a poor imitation of western elites. This lack of originality & mediocrity filters down the entire culture & essence of the nation since it is the elites throughout human history who create, give direction & maintain culture, national prestige and national taste.
Some readers may wonder why all the focus on culture, but Culture is what determines everything about a nation’s prospects. Obsession with anti-corruption rhetoric, complaining about wakina Loot all everyday while ignoring culture is putting the cart before the horse.
In other words if we continue to mimic and ape the western culture, we will continue to be the cheap mediocre version of the west we have been.

You’re welcome man.
Getting our elites to understand this is like telling the emperor that he’s naked. They burrow their heads in food, drink and Porsches to avoid facing the truth.

We need to stop referring to these people as elites. I’ve said before many times, they are glorified peasants.