The latest con game in Kenya

I think coincidence to be more likely considering the volume of daily transactions.

owners mpesa statement has all the numbers

Mi huwatumia 1 bob sometimes

:smiley: :smiley:

Kwani wewe haujuagi message genuine na fake?

Sender name can be spoofed.

But a business which has a pay bill keeps all details including customer numbers

Wanafichwa wapi?

These guys approach those poorly paid watchmen in Nairobi buildings and they give them the details of people who have entered in. Since you give your name and your phone number. Thats why I usually ensure to alter 2 numbers when writing my number or wrote 12 numbers instead of 10 those watchmen are so dumb to even realise that.

I have never been a victim. Am super alert.

Artificial Intelligence?

A jamaa friend of mine who is a pastor told me he enjoys when he receives such texts, because he sends back an evangelistic message, like;

'Did you know the wages of SIN is DEATH? What you are doing is sin, and it will attracting death to you and your family, you need Jesus very urgently for your own sake and that of your family and friends. Jesus loves and wants to give you life NOW. Choose life or Death’.

Told me that some people/cons are so pricked in their conscience by that they later call him and ask him to pray for their salvation.

Mpesa books only keep customers ID number and not their contact.

Lol hata sikujua unaweza fanya hivj

Wacheni kuwithdraw chedaz kwa those MPESA MABATI VIBANDAZ