The Matiba children "mis" fortune

You don’t need to be reminded, post the story. But I guess it all has to do with the political fallout with Moi which led to Barclays recalling their loans. That’s how Moi used to finish his political enemies.

Its one thing for kids to grow up with money. Its another thing for the kids to learn how to grow money!

7 Likes

The last time I heard about African Safari Club was when the workers had decided to camp huko ndani demanding that Rodney(sp) awalipe peas zao.

They were pea farmers Slutty farts?

2 Likes

Empire na zote zilikuwa pesa za deni na kucheza na serikali of the time.

No, but some were acrobatic performers.

Every living thing has their own destiny. The fact that your parents are loaded does not mean you have the ability to take over and replicate. Because Uhuru is president does not mean Raila or Gideon will be presidents. There have been big businessess all over the world that have collapsed. Matiba’s is not the first. Judge not, you do not know how hard the Matiba’s have tried to stay afloat. Shit happens, and sometimes life is a rollercoaster you cant stop using your bare feet…I have learnt never to judge anybody, since nobody really plans their own downfall…It is easy to say what you would do if you were a Matiba, it is a different ballgame being a Matiba!!

9 Likes

hehehe…
guess i know you fag or met your reicarnation.
these peasants will never realise that working for money is a fucking rat race.
there is more to life than money and big names

1 Like

it is unfortunate that our “commentators” refuse to acknowledge the reason why the business empire collapsed, and would rather be derisive of the “children’s” inability/failure to revive the businesses…they even blind themselves to the fact that the son, Raymond, was suddenly thrust into the stewardship of the empire while in his late 20s or early 30s (my brief research couldn’t get me an actual fix on his birthdate) when it was faced by Moi “sanctions” that included the detaining of the father and politically instigated bank recalls and attempted foreclosures that they are fighting in courts to date…

in decent societies “how the mighty fall!” stories are only entertaining as telenovellas of the mexican kind…not real life tragedies…

2 Likes

Moi messed this guy so badly it’s nowhere near humorous.

1 Like

Yes Moi messed the senior Matiba up…that’s in the past…Moi’s regime ended in 2002…the Dad was seriously ailing by then…it was up to his children to step up…suck up to the Kibaki administration to reach a settlement on this cases and bankruptcy…its 2016 and they are still crying about Moi…c’mon…the sons or daughters should he joined politics to protect the family…they could have sold out to the new money of murungarus and all…even now there are still many options on the table for a family with such connections…Kama the Muite, Gachokas, Getabakis, odingas, GG Kariuki…three are no permanent enemies in politics it’s all about interests

Tuff one pole to them

hmmm, so a little corruption/nepotism/cronyism/patronage/etc is not bad after all, can come in handy “when necessary”?

i don’t remember them crying and as far as i know they are trying their best to cope with their problems away from the public limelight. if it were some people we know they would be all over claiming matyrdom and compensation for sacrifices made…

you can’t wait to reach the ultimate goal, can you?

tyranny of numbers i see, with one thrown in to temper the flavor, but then no one is surprised…it is 2005 all over again. what worked then can work for Sarah now…

1 Like

Matiba was all over the news sometime back asking for sympathy…but Kibaki is such a mean fellow alilenga hio story kabisa and he was in a very good position to help
36 bloggers + Gashwin = 37 bloggers …these are simply the families that moi kaliad very hard lakini wewe ni tribe ndio unaona tu

the internet is available…give us the link please.

we know who visits matiba for cheap publicity when he thinks it will yield some votes…

cheap tribalists…

Uhuru visited him last year…Siko hapa kukusaidia na links but since I have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdz-GKcpoEo

1 Like

hapo ndio nauliza…

http://niaje.com/president-uhuru-visits-recuperating-veteran-politician-kenneth-matiba/

This one for last year…sema pia ni cheap publicity

This was before Hillcrest was sold…if he really wanted to help

https://www.facebook.com/myuhurukenyatta/photos/a.693014870727069.1073741946.148874415141120/693014947393728/?type=1&theater

Hata pesa ya detention Githu alikataa asilipwe

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2014/08/ag-wants-matibas-sh9mn-suit-dismissed/