The Monster that is Safaricom

Exaclty. Ati night bundles and a period of a week my black assss!!!

We hooked coz competitors are still in slumber. Check @shocks experience with airtel. Same thing with yu though I rarely use it; So many calls and sms for ads that dont even matter. You just tempted to switch off the phone coz even if you block their ass they still will use different numbers for the same bull.

I got tired of Safaricom bundles finishing and they eat into my airtime without notifying me. now am on Airtel unliminet, speeds are sometimes frustrating but I can live with that.

KAMA KENYA POWER???

I have been to airtel and orange and back to safcom countless times. Kusema ukweli I HATE safaricom but I hate competitors more. Kwanza airtel Upuzi ya sms?? Na ati ndio the only hope? Alafu This Airtel unliminet wako na speed zingine zinashow 72mbps when they are really doing 2kbs in Nairobi and a simple page cant load.

we all are in safaricom coz non of their competitors are offering close to what they are. When you are a monopoly you can afford to be arrogant as safaricom is.

Hapa nita disagree, there was a time kencel had a clearer network and better reach esp. in the rural areas than safcom, all my relatives in Gatanga had airtel lines as it was the network that you didn’t have to climb a tree to make a call ( or for the case of an sms you go to a grass field, hit the send button and throw your phone up in the air, by the time it lands on the grass the message is sent)

6 Likes

I once went for an interview at safaricom…There were two panelists, a gentleman and a lady. The interview went well over 40 mins and I had the gentleman in my pocket, the lady was still grilling me like she was not satisfied…anyway this last question came. “How much do you expect in terms of salary”? Now in my mind I knew that this was the mother of all companies and after looking like have carefully considered this question, I replied, “I expect a net of 70k” and at the corner of my eye since i was focusing at a centre point to make it seem like was addressing both of them, I see this lady roll her eyes…like its impossible to get that and I look at her and she replies and tells me thank you.

Anyway in my mind i knew that i should have even asked for a lot more…and as I walked out of that interview room I was confused and I asked myself…this is safaricom…if I can’t ask for that kind of money here, then where else should I expect a good salary?

As I walked from westlands that day to town…(didnt have fare) I saw guys driving big cars and told myself, if they indeed offer me that job on that salary nitakataa!

1 Like

you should have used your blackmamba to the interview. i.o.n i hope they gave you the job

Nope, never heard back from them…and I know its the lady who refused/gave a bad report…her attitude in that interview was not at all neatral

instead of complaining about safcom, just go to Airtel, very soon thier mpesa will be no more with the launch of equitel

Nilihama kitambo pia on Airtel now and haina shida mingi apart from internet slow kidogo tu but I do feel I get value of my money with them
I did a test with safaricom day and night bundles and I realized how these guys steal to ignorant kenyans
I bought a day and night bundles za 12mb(me thinking 12mb za day and 12mb za night) and received a video on whatsapp with 5.7mb capacity and downloaded it but before imalize kudownload I received a msg that my bundles balance is less than 2mb n I thought they are offering 12mbs day and 12mbs at night.
I jst laughed n kept on laughing when I heard maina kageni doing tat advert every morning nkijua tu vile hawa watu wanibia watu na hyped adverts.

Woishe …u have through alot hun

Been using airtel on my pc for more two years now and never have i got mediocre speeds. Hata Rongai speeds huwa poa

Why do they all scramble for market in nrb…why can’t orange concentrate on maybe coastal regions en try to dominate the mrkt frm tht area…nao airtel waende maybe western

1 Like

Si unajua tu, fear of the unknown. same reason every job seeker (well, amost every one of them) will always wanna work in Nairobi oblivious of the opportunities elsewhere. Of course it cannot be ignored that Nbi accounts for well over half (unsure of exact proportion) of Kenya’s GDP.

Equitel will find it harder to compete against Mpesa.

I thought I was the only one, come 10pm and I notice speeds drop drastically

One big scam with safaricom is how they eat into your airtime once the stupid bundles get finished. Nowadays i dont even load airtime on safaricom line anymore other than the amount for the bundle i need. I use other networks for calling. But truly speaking our biggest failure are safaricoms competition. Like orange will aend me dozens of promotional sms that i dont need while on their social media platforms they are only selling a stupid phone kaduda or something instead of offering quality products and pricing to rival safaricon. Nothing lasts forever and my prediction is that one day safaricon will be on its knees and its ceo will resign in a curtain of shame and scandal. You never know with todays dynamic technology coz if someone comes up with a real solution as an alternative to safaricon they will be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of customers switching. This is because we all agree we are in safaricon not because we love it but because we dont have worthy alternatives.

3 Likes