The proposed Dairy law 2019

kizungu sijui na wewe common sense huna,do you think will all the independent labs around the world hakuna yeyote angekuwa amejitolea kupeleka sample,.for sure tobacco deludes the mind

Too close to home.
Itachomea mutu Kitunguu.

hio stories yako ishove where the sun never shine,brare

Uhunye himself has shafted dairy farmers for as long as i can remember.

Around the time the cock swallowed the tingatinga in Kasarani, Moi transferred coolers
and other KCC equipment to Brookside. Na wakaanza story ya New KCC and other chieth.

I happened to live in my grandmas place around that time. She owned a cow called Nyange
Nyange produces around 3 kgs of milk in the morning hours. The Brookside Canter HD comes at
5:00am. That means at 4:00am ushakamua ng`ombe, and you start walking towards the collection center.

Ukifika the collection center, a clerk with a boshori kofia disembarks from the cabin of the lorry, proceeds to the back
where he removes a scale that he hangs it on a hook on the the truck. I guess that scale cannot pass the department
of weights and measures test, kama umepima kilo tatu, clerk anakuandikia 2.5 kg with a very poor handwriting.

Kilo ndio unagongwa kwanza. After that, bei nayo. Unaskia kilo ni 25 bob. Na unalipwa after 2 months hivi.

Considering that my grandmothers case has been replicated across many villages, Brookside cannot be a saviour
for the small scale farmers.

Criminalizing selling of raw milk by small scale producer farmers means that processors will be laughing all the way
to the bank as farmers weep.

A pasteurizer costs circa 160 k in Kariobangi.
https://www.olx.co.ke/item/milk-pasteurizer-iid-1051819312

Ordinary small scale farmers cannot afford that pasteurizer. Kununulia ng`ombe Pollard, dawa na minyoo, na chumvi huwa an uphill task.

Yani small scale farmer yuko doomed, kahawa ndio hiyo waliharibu, maziwa ndio hii wanaharibu, miwa walishaharibu, fall army worm hata hawataki kujua itawacha kukula mahindi lini, viazi zinashikanishwa gunia mbili kwa bei ya gunia moja, nyanya unapimiwa na crate ya Osama na broker. Wizara ya kilimo imetuangusha sana.

The key word is seem. But milk with contaminants actually hurts the poor.

Hehehe.
Sometimes I wonder how it is possible that you can even type.
Liwe Lilardo.

@patco should read this. Patty you have written extensively about this scenario! :confused:

Yeah, that’s a serious issue.

Mukurweini are unable to move all their member farmers’ milk through their Royal brand (market share manenos) so they sell the excess to other dairies. Support them by buying royal when you find it in the supermarket and they will no longer have to sell to Brookside or KCC.

Anyone seen the draft regulations or we are all here discussing a story which apparently only appears on the ‘news’ blog owned by Alai?

Yes but I live less than a kilometer to town and my grandparent and us including my uncles have rentals, over 400 people lives around me but these people living there I have never understood why they don’t buy milk from home directly, wanangoja nipeleke kwa duka wakuje kununua Hapo, so watu wengine hawawezi saidika

Hapo ni kweli but excess huwa wanatengeneza yoghurt. Gakindu dairy yao ni brookside direct and many more. Uliona mwangi wa iria alipojaribu kutoa peasants kwa slavery ya maziwa vile alinyamazishwa na corruption scandals?

This is why farmers who can differentiate themselves will make a killing. What about those found in supermarkets? Are they better?

Educate and empower vendors to preserve milk. The farmers will have a market for their produce, customers will have access to affordable milk, and the vendors will take their cut home. Fighting the vendors will cost hundreds of millions in labour, disruptions, and lost productivity. Why not use a few millions to establish communal ice banks, dry ice banks, and pasteurization points while educating farmers and vendors on how best to preserve their milk?

160k is petty cash if 20 farmers worked together, considering the fact that it will repay itself within six months or so. Relying on gvt to help no kutafuta umaskini

Wacha hio. Hata nyama watasema is krimino kuuza na kununua kwa butchery. Watu wakanunue from recognized meat processors. Wewe kwisha.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wembe ni ule ule m*****f*ckers.

Tano tena, kumi fresh

SC Orengo warned these people that this government will eat its own. Wakakataa kuskia.

In the last 7 days wameona vituko. And more is yet to come hahaha

By the way the science of preserving food/milk in sulfuric acid is wrong. This specific acid has a tendency of turning organic matter into a carbon sludge.

We are in this together

Haha. Who is we?

The myth of Kikuyu exceptionalism is being broken down by their own crowned king.

Long live the king.