The sad decline of Karen estate

Are you a karen resident? You seem to know the place too well.

think about your question

On this map it shows parts of Kajiado inside Karen, huko kwa Tuju and Raila and slightly past their place on your way to Ngong. Anyway Karen’s proximity to town and other amenities beats all the other leafy suburbs. Muthaiga, Runda you have to pass through Thika Road, Kyuna lazima upite Waiyaki way, but Karen you just leave town and you are at your digz! One day I will own at least half an acre huko, God willing!

Karen used to be a 5-acre zone.

Pole jo, hio siku ingine nilikua nimelewa most likely nikikujibu. Mi naishi ushago.

Heshimu watu wote. Mbona unajifanya an elite? I can fvck a mboch any time, anywhere

Hapa si ni lavi mdau? :smiley:

Hizi ni zako?

This is like LA style when you look at the houses on bird street. Kisumu and kisii are the ones with this potential as far as towns I know… but kisii nyanchwa which overlooks the town is almost built out. Kisumu can do it with the Nandi hills running parallel and the hills going all the way to maseno. And it overlooks the city and the lake. It’s a helluva view and has this type potential.

Most of the really rich white who need to be on a plane all the time have planes at Orly. It’s cheaper and it’s driving in the opposite direction from going to town. I remember I used to run into Bruce Mackenzie’s son at diani flying in on a four seater with the top down and his dog on the co pilot seat. Even in Wilson I used to run into white people who’d come in with helicopters…I remember this one dude had a little baby warthog and it was his pet. It made little squeeking noises as it run on the apron. It was funny as shit.

For the guys flying commercial…Wilson makes sense. For the other dudes Orly makes sense cause parking and landing fees are cheaper. You don’t have to go file a flight report etc.

Karen is over priced. For the money they asking you could have a really good life elsewhere. It’s like millimani in Kisumu. It was posh but now that poshness cannot be artificially maintained as stuff is popping up. Now everyone else got land on the lake or on the hill knowing it will overtake millimani

What was this thread about? I’m also into aviation

@Blckrogue I do not disagree that many people are moving their planes to Orly. There are however still quite a number of private planes still parked at Wilson. Orly may not be necessarily cheaper, their fuel is (understandably) significantly more expensive than Wilson. Also there’s no Jet A at Orly, only 100 LL. People make their choices based on their circumstances. I also do not disagree that Karen is overpriced (at least to us). For me I’d probably chose neither and opt for my own grass strip like that Kibwezi MP, Patrick Musimba. Assuming I am free to live anywhere in Kenya.

About the thread, if I remember correctly (I wrote the thread a long time ago), I was comparing the relative ownership costs of a few low cost aircraft, vis a vis their performance.

I’ve been thinking eventually I’ll get one. Initially I thought the traditional Cessna’s etc. But the 150 to me feels like a toy and you can’t carry many people. The 172 with the variable pitch is dope…I like the 206 but it’s not common. Maybe these new age planes might do the trick… some people have planes then lease them out to the schools so maintainance and such is taken care by them. Or timeshare on a plane buy with many people. But some of these planes not super pricey anyway .

If am not rich enough al just get an experimental and assemble it myself. If I am stinking cash then am definitely getting a Diamond Aircraft. I don’t care if it is the 40, 42 or the 62.

one thing to have multiple dwellings on same plot, but will the titles be alowed subdivision to below the current set minimum

My neck of the woods, congenial as fvck