The sad state of Baringo county

@patco si president ali rule for 50 years na akaiba goldenberg anatoka huko yaani hange unda ma dam huko . kweli wakale @Budspencer @Tarantinoh hamuna akili maumbwa nyinyi 50 year rule na bado watu wenyu wanakufa njaa

The government does not have an inexhaustible supply of money, the billions set aside to buy maize from farmers was stolen, the cartels operating in the maize growing region organised to import maize from a neighbouring country, leaving the farmers in a desperate state. The stores were filled with imported maize.
Where is the government meant to get more money from?

Boss listen to yourself… Hujaskia Kimwarer and Arror stories?

Forgive them for they cannot see or hear

Just wondering why these guys could not migrate to greener pastures? Even Mau forest is okay for a short while. How do you just sit there and wait to die? Pole kwao.

@SaltyLight can explain better…

It would make sense to die in the streets of eldoret town, but maybe they are the weak and mentally sick. No wonder uhuru is tired of ruto’s side of govt, maize scandal, dams scandal, he feels fed up

Kimwarer and Arror are in Elgeyo Marakwet County which is not that semi arid. My question is why has government not mooted dam construction in arid areas like baringo west pokot, marsabit, mandera, garissa, wajir and turkana counties.

Kimwarer and Arror are in Elgeyo Marakwet County which is not that semi arid. My question is why has government not mooted dam construction in arid areas like baringo west pokot, marsabit, mandera, garissa, wajir and turkana counties.

My friend,its not about the locality. Its about the action and the resultant actions… The theft of development funds after good ideas have been mooted.

I guess I can try and explain it to you but I can not understand it for you…am out!

These people are pastrolist not farmers so they’ve had to face the adverse effects of global warming. The county produced the longest serving president but they are still suffering. This has to do with our lifestyle as a country. We expect everything to be done by government. Even those who work in government expect the same. So what prevents well wishers (churchs, NGOs) in neighboring greener counties like Nakuru to donate food? They expect govt should do it. We need to realize we are all guilty as the institutions involved.

You know the problem with you is you want to reduce this entire discussion to be about Ruto stealing or not stealing kimwarer and aror dams money …which is not really the case. This is what i consider the highest form of hypocrisy and fault finding. This is not the first time we are hearing of drought in this parts of Kenya. It has been always there since 1992. My question is simple, why has the government both the current and previous never taught of constructing dams in these arid and worst hit areas of turkana, baringo, wesr pokot, marsabit, kwale, garissa, mandera, tana river and wajir upto now. In fact i find the opposite being done, the dams are being constructed in highlands which never experience drought and arid such as kericho nakuru-itare dam, elgeyo marakwet-arror and kimware dam, bomet-bosto dam and others.

Here we go again, wapi red cross, wapi paybill numbers, wapi flagging off truckloads of donation, wapi tv features and their fancy trips to ground zero, najichukia kuwa mkenya .

Kuna dam moja pale kabarnet inaitwa kirandich dam,supplies water to kabarnet town n sorrounding areas and schools.Having spent some time in that area i must say Moi tried to help those guys.Pastoralism,cattle rustling,bad terrain and refusing to adapt to modern ways of food production have ensured they are Forever hungry eg.when i was in high sch we used to be served a glass of githeri or rice,there was simply no food in that area where the school could source for cheap food to feed us,a number of times we slept hungry juu food imeisha,tough times there

He can still do much more. Don’t you think? he is not going to be buried with all the millions he stole. Moi is the President that bled our country coffers dry the most and most was frittered away by his goat headers. How can Ruto go looking for votes from those people?

fuuuuk mimi naeza ua mtu, no way i can survive on a glass of anything. uuuiii mwathani, you know that are receives more than 100 times what israel get in annula rainfall plus they have more water in cubic meters than the whole of israel and five times less the population. The only reason they are poor is their blackness

Well,Moi did what he had to do at the time…the current leaders have let them down big time.Did i tell you he built them tarmac roads that see no cars for days??the current tiff btwn Gideon and Ruto must also be a factor,those guys are pastoralists and you don’t expect them to farm anything and even hizo siku za moi they survived on relief food

simply no excuse, I tod people this revenue sharing nonsense was doomed to fail. In kenya the GOVERNOR gets more money the POORER the county is na usiniambia ni ya COUNTY, pesa yote ni YA GAVANA. For him to ensure he gets MORE MONEY he has to have MORE POVERTY, no governor in Kenya was elected for being good in development. Walipewa kazi juu ya KUTOA pesa, in Kenya you are PUNISHED with less money if your county improves

Haha i had to transfer in form 3,singesurvive another 2yrs na hio upuss ya chakula

Elections 2022 will be vvvv deadly and lives will be lost is my conclusion. A worry.