The scams that Kilimall is running and how I got burnt by them.

You would still have educated everyone as you have done albeit with no insults. You actually confirmed your low IQ.

1 Like

Guys, I think you missed the point of this post. Have you seen this?

If the company is aiding scam, then it doesn’t matter if there’re legit businesses on its platform.

It’s sad to see the extent of victim blaming among Kenyans. Not cool maze. When will we ever force these crime perpetrators to be responsible for their mistakes with such worldly perspectives?

There is nothing like victim blaming. Due diligence is not an option. Caveat emptor baby! Companies do not exist to impose morality on a country. What happens in Jumia is indicative of the general business environment in Kenya. Jumia is not rogue. The industry and market is. Whether you are buying from Jumia or Ali express or Luthuli no one will excuse you for lack of due diligence. Not even courts, just ask Mwalimu Sacco.

Where kilimall or jiji?.. just don’t. Even jumia don’t. Price comparison for computers between normal shopping vs online is almost same if not for a tiny variation. Comp enda tu kwa shop physically

In simple terms you and your cousin have shops in jumia and kilimall and have been realizing diminishing returns. And now you fear more diminishing retuns

This seems like a smear campaign. You can be scammed on Amazon, Jumia and Jiji as well.

Kibaki would have called this guy maffi ya kuku. I am happy to have an IQ similar to Kibaki’s.

Nilikuwa nadai kuenda jiji…

You failed to conduct due diligence. I don’t know if a genuine flash sale has ever happened on Jumia or Kilimall. I highly doubt! Even black fridays and cyber Mondays on Jumia are a scam. But even on ebay and Amazon, if you aren’t careful you’ll be scammed on black friday.

For platforms like Jumia and Kilimall, reviews posted on those sites are never genuine. I once wanted to buy a Konka TV from KIlimall to send to my rural home but I did some due diligence and discovered the description was not accurate. Needless to say the ratings and reviews were over the moon. I didn’t buy! I trust Twitter, Youtube and Facebook when it comes to the reviewing items from from those stores.

And by the way, never buy an SD card at a discount price unless it’s from an authorized reseller. You’ll be scammed. That is just simple common sense. There is no excuse for lack of due diligence.

But don’t come here to pretend that Jumia or Kilimall is any different from the rest of the retail space in Kenya. Even genuine companies try to lure you with fake discounts across the country. Don’t expect protection from anyone! Caveat emptor baby!

Flash sales do happens, I have actually used them. Of late, Kilimall is another story, lots of fake product, poor delivery times etc. In older times i indeed preferred shopping in Kilimall than Jumia Juzi I ordered something but had to call the delivery Guy for the order to be delivered. Jumia has really improved Product wise and in delivery record. Normally disputes end in my favor - sometimes I get to keep the product as well. Hapo kwa flash I better order from Jumia than buy In any shop in Town. I am quite confident if it turns out to be fake i get my refund.

How are you scammed on AliExpress? Just pay via the platform and conduct business on the platform and you`ll be sorted. They made a seller honor their warranty after 7 months na alikuwa amekataa

That’s nice umelijua jiji…for me if I want a quality SD card or any storage, I buy online at Newegg, Amazon or elsewhere but not locally. If I need a temporary solution nanunua Accra road. Right now I have several top drawer SSDs and Micro SDs that are lying unused kwa nyumba…like this 256 gb team group SD card with life time warranty [ATTACH=full]364576[/ATTACH]

Have ordered severally through Aliexpress but of late things have not been the same, currently going through a dispute. I cant talk of warranties, these companies come and go at their conveniences

He is advising you to buy only from sellers with a physical shop that you can actually visit, if it is an individual seller with no registered shop with a physical address mostly likely is a conman.

Is Jiji really this bad? It’s a shame coz kuna kitu I really need & Jiji seems to be the only place with vendors…

Have never had an issue with Aliexpress, one time found the store had vanished, the platform still refunded.

Problem with jiji (apart from frauds), the prices dont match the quoted ones. Say a seller indicates a product goes for 1000, ukienda shop yao unapata imepanda. Excuse being iliwekwa kitambo. It is always a bait. But generally i have never been conned in jiji. Just call them ask about the product and their store. Then go there physically.

Noted