The selfish generation

I will borrow this phrase, keep it and maybe unleash it somewhere in the future when it might serve my purposes. It sounds potent and potentially devastating to those who will be on the receiving end.

But when will this ever happen. The best way to push change is to be the change. You and I know that whichever gava comes watakuja na mentality ya it’s our time to eat.
Jenga nyumbani bro, ukitoka from this world kuwe na darasa hata moja yenye wewe umejenga, equip a library at your village, sink a community borehole etc.

Mimi na jenga in my own small way. Choo kwanza, impact iko.

Big up. However small, that will help.

I echo your sentiments OP. A good primary and secondary school can effectively upgrade the immediate society though not immediately.

Africans are low IQ bonobos. Hata kitu ya kufanya Kwa mkono lazima wasaidiwe na foreign NGOs.

Penye hatubenefit directly ndio hatupendi…

We are greedy and selfish

Maze it is so shameful. Someone comes to build for you a toilet. And you may find some proff somewhere is the one who will officially open it.

Pathetic

The main reason why we have a government with well-paid officials as well as a tax system is so that we don’t have to “shikana pamoja tujenge barabara”. We cannot pay taxes and still be expected to build our own roads, schools or hospitals. Hiyo ni upumbavu of the highest order. How much was lost in the Arror/Kimwarer Dams scandal? 20?30?50bn? That type of money could have solved the housing problem in Nairobi COMPLETELY.

Ni sawa mkuu, we utakuja kusema some regions are favoured in the near future. We will work hard till the likes of you want to move to where we reside.
Lilia serikali kabisa…since that’s the only thing u’ve chosen to do. Sisi tutaskuma serikali but itatupata tukijenga kwetu

there are many things and some very simple.
kuna barabara kuingia kwetu a small stretch after the main road mvua imeharibu, gari hugongwa chini. natafuta lorry ibebe ile uchafu nimemaliza tu apartments after finishing.
do I have to wait or engage the government. NOPE

@john.doe , you’re dealing with a pompous lot aptly described by Machievelli as the kind who were freer in their excesses and wear and thought wit to be the result of he who could hurt the rest with a glib tongue.

You truly believe in change by gripping it and molding it as you deem, while the rest may clamor for legislature to compel the dildos the mob elect to achieve their mandates, they also know it will not happen.

Power…real power is in the considerate acts of the common folk, not to the tasteless halls of the rich and dumb…who unfortunately are the bulk of the political class hoisted there by an even dimmer mob.

Vicious circle.

True bro,
You find some people in Nairobi who are more than ashamed of where they studied. They have never gone out of their way to enable those behind them to succeed, but unampata 1824 settling a 45K bill.
I think we lack purpose and find it easier blaming others over things we can solve ourselves.

We do lack purpose, we’re driven by a selfish urge to out do our fellow man including indulging in idiotic turf wars over vast resources.
People will always be close minded but you who has the blessing of seeing matters from another’s point of view is a rare gem that ought never to sell out for pieces of silver.

What I’ve learnt, if you can do something good and also benefit from it personally, that’s a win.
So if I start doing something and someone comes along to “support”, mimi huyo huyo.

But I agree with the whole concept ya bottoms up development. Especially education, empowerment, water, sanitation and health.

Good luck. Majority are not poor by chance they plan to be, do not try to play God. Escaping the poverty cycle is a journey and It is not everyone’s cup of tea, it is a lonely journey. Those you wish to help are the very ones that become enemy of your progress. It starts with a dream, willingness to sacrifice your comfort to do escape, jealousy from those close and around you, and they harm you, loss and suffering, lack of trust and the need for separation, minding your own fnking bizness. That is how the world works