The Verdict

Hehehe. Wewe utakujiwa Na unmarked car

2 Likes

How much money is this rerun going to cost the Kenyan taxpayer of money we don’t have? All because of one man and his insatiable greed for power. It’s unconscionable to waste billions in a country where people are dying of hunger and nurses are on strike. The SC made a terrible mistake this time.

2 Likes

De minimis non curat lex. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ukweli. Lakini ungeongea hivi pia when there were scandals kwa NYS, Health Ministry na kadhalika ingekua vizuri sana. Pia huko pesa ilikua wasted

2 Likes

Oh God, and they told me you were the sharpest tool in the shed. It is not about the money or power. It is about justice. The law expects you to petition a court of law should you feel aggrieved. It is how it is and not how you feel it should be. Would you rather an aggrieved party accepts and moves on while there are options provided for in LAW?

kuna ujuaji mwingi sana na team RWNEBP… can you for a minute not cast wild aspersions without facts? the evidence threshold was reached in the case. almost 1/3 results had issues.

Let’s say you sat for an exam administered by the knec for which you had prepared very well and attained position #1. Assume the knec failed to print their watermark on the exam paper or there were a few typos. Does that invalidate your performance? Should you be forced to re-sit the entire exam out of knec’s negligence, when you scored way better than your colleagues and there’s no hope of them beating you next time?
The SC ruling was a political one, not legal.

5 Likes

Have you already read the whole ruling?

Are you a more qualified legal scholar than the four supreme court justices?

Why didn’t the whole country just wait for your views to determine the legitimacy of the case?

The example you have given is pedestrian. This was not a case brought to the Chief’s homestead huko mashinani. Hizo ndio huamuliwa hivyo

Ktalk Military, Criminal, Aviation and Finance Experts now become legal scholars in a heart beat

1 Like

This comment should be included in our national Creed. Best ever analogy

2 Likes

Only the full report will tell the specifics, if the irregularities affected the final figure I am sure it will be shown how, I think that’s why chebukati said he will look at it first before setting a timetable for the new election.
I don’t think 5 SC judges can get such a basic issue wrong, so it’s 20 days of waiting.

We are giving our opinions here regarding the outcome of yesterday . we are commenting in the verdict, not the ruling. We reserve to comment in the ruling too. In your attempt to look informed, you are losing your marbles all over a pink handle . Bring substance we debate

2 Likes

Exactly! Its not like they do not know the gravity of the situation. In any case, why risk their career reputations by fraudulently siding with a loser? It was easier to side with Uhuru and the government and have a peaceful night’s sleep

I asked questions. Is that losing one’s marbles? So to you asking questions that do not fit into your stream of thought equates losing one’s marbles? Its a public forum

They may have been intimidated by someone who said his petition was a second chance at redemption

1 Like

You are right sir

The one intimidating them was clearly waning in power and influence and the government could have protected them adequately. A decision in support of the government was the easiest route. Even NASA’s supporters deep down were prepared for exactly that.

1 Like

True, the reasoning of most high courts all over the word mostly sides with the electoral body, since most acknowledge the Independence of the same and respect that, whatever the judges saw must have been ground breaking for them to take such a stand.
We can only wait and see that mega bombshell in the full report, it will be an interesting read not only locally.

2 Likes

But something that I seem not to get is, why allow a judgement to be written latter, is this the standard practice.
By the time a judge makes a rulling they ought to have all the facts available, why the delay in coming up with the justification of a rulling, 2 or 3 days of typesetting would be understandable, but 21 days seem a little bit too many.

3 Likes

It was not humanly possible to type within the time frame provided by the constitution. What they currently have are notes and jots which will be properly typed and arranged for public consumption. Even in 2013 that is what happened

2 Likes

Kumtoa Maraga si rahisi. Those are ambitious dreams.