Third party insurance

Take a 30days comp then

I was paid ,nikaongeza kitu kidogo nikanunua kakadu j150

which insurance underwriter did you use? Walichukua how long kukulipa?

Allianz Group ,walinilipa after 42 days.

Ile siku gari itaibwa ndio utafahamu faida ya comprehensive insurance

Did they conduct investigations prior to compensating you? If yes, how long they take to conclude those investigations?

Less than 42 days…DAAAH!

Tulia mjamaa

Yes they did,after 13 days na police reports plus AAR rescue report Mimi ningelipwa ,but I was In hospital with broken bones ,nikaenda kusign for the money after 42 days after nimepona

Iza bro, so your moti rolled? Yangu niligonga lorry when trying to avoid a nduthi guy. Upto now hawajadecide whether they will repair it or write it off. It is still under the assessment stage…been 3 weeks now of back and forth between the garage and the underwriter…is this normal?

This is normal,Kwanza wacha assessor na finance people wakose kuskizana,utalia my fren.

What would u advise hapa at this stage? Ama wanapanga vile wataruka claim?

Nilikuwa na comprehensive but ikaisha last week, due to economic downturn nikachukuwa 3rd party na firm ingine hata log book hawakuitisha, hata gari hawajui ni make gani.

I had comprehensive for 4 years, I had minor accidents but none was beyond excess amount. I did mathematics nikaona that was 55k x 4 =220k nikaona hii ni upuss. I have been on third party for the last two years, i have had minor accidents but you know toyota spares are cheap. You break windscreen you replace with 6k, i can’t regret going third party. Just make sure you are calm and composed while driving. if I happen to be in an accident and survive I will buy another one. If I continued comprehesive by now I would have spent 300k for 14yr old car worth 600k now. But I make sure I do not share it with anyone, it is only driven by me.

I thought insurance dont accept full cover for vehicles older than 10 years?

3rd party insurance is essentially free money for the underwriters. Very very few even honor claims filed for cars under 3rd party.

what we call new cars cars in kenya are 8 yrs old imports

Finally, I was skeptical to renew the policy nao.
Had done renewal for 3 months, guess I’ll just pay full cover 1yr.

Mimi I was seriously Injured so my injuries caused the delay in signing the documents for processing and payment.

Companies owning large fleets say over 100 trucks and heavy equipment self insure. Or just third party. Comprehensive insurance premiums for such a fleet will surpass replacement costs of one unit.