this bill will ruin rental business

Ujinga tupu on the residential. The 1 year should be on business Premises

The system will do the same for residential… do you know the current minimum is 6 months and 3 months notice (that is what the Tribunals allow)… it does not matter if the tenant had only paid for ONE month… that is why landlords use ILLEGAL means to evict them…

The bill won’t pass coz MPs are also landlords and hata ikipita won’t work coz of forces of demand and supply. We need better MPs coz some of them are just crazy. Look at the 750ml alcohol bottle, one no consultation with stake holders in the industry who employ thousands directly and indirectly. two how will 750ml stop alcohol abuse, a few yrs back we were fighting illicit brews hence cheaper available alcohol,with 750ml, illicit brews consumption will increase defeating the bill’s purpose.
Now the housing bill won’t work because 1. there’s already a shortage of 150k houses every yr. so how do u regulate a market with a shortage already instead of encouraging investment. two how do u legally refuse to pay rent and still want to stay in someone’s property and what if the house is the only source of income to the landlord.alale njaa for one yr since u don’t wanna move? housing prices are determined by forces of demand and supply that’s y landlord akiongeza rent u hama to a cheaper hao. if the landlord’s haos stay longer without occupancy he’ll be forced to lower rent.

This just gives bad tenants a reason to justify not paying rent. 1 year notice is crazy.

it will not pass,most MP’s own bazillion apartments

In Nigeria paying a year in advance is commonplace. Sirikali ikizidi matakwa ndio tamati yake.

That is why I have posted this observation: "Trust me, politicians are normally plain STUPID! They have passed lots of bills that will EAT them when they leave office without blinking… this one is likely sponsored by Kamwana… It is very clear he wants to undo the prosperity that was brought by Kibaki and take us back where Moi took us before he left… you cannot rule rich people… make them poor, rule them forever! "

Na wenyewe ni sumbua kulipa

What about deposits. I think Landlords don’t usually give back the deposit to tenants.

Not all just some places