This is Guka - Prof. Mugenda Case; What Do I Tell This Pal?

First of all I wanna congratulate his wife for making the right, though unfavorable, decision.

Why did your friend quit formal employment at such a young age if he was doing well? Hii tabia ya wanaume kukimbilia riches, prematurely, ikome! There are many benefits of being employed. See how his wife has done well? She remained persistent, plugging away at a secure, civil servant job and the fruits are apparent!

The reason why I believe his wife is right, is because it’s usually not advisable to chase bad money with good money. How sure is he that the govt will pay him? Hasn’t he read what’s happening, some tenderpreneurs have not been paid. So bad idea… He should try and recoup his losses like that of ‘1million from the fake NGO.’

It’s becoming a trend where a man fikas middle age crisis, and wants money to start raining asap. It doesn’t work like that. Wealth creation is a slow, deliberate process that consists of hard work, frugality, savings and strategic investments. What this couple should have done from day 1 of marriage, is sit down together and list all their immediate and long term financial goals.

Evidently, these two have been operating on different platforms. One of the great benefits of marriage is having a partner to sound off your ideas- they aren’t utilizing it. People only start talking once things hit a rough patch, it’s when they realize just how intertwined their lives really are. Especially with kids involved. Why?

Your friend should go back to wherever he lost his money and figure how to get at least some of it back. They should learn how to talk to each other about everything. No secrets. When there’s adequate communication, both share in the losses and profits. For now, it’s best that mzee ajipange. I think it’s ridiculous to act irresponsibly then expect your wife to bail you out.

Wow! What a clever woman. I like her even more. Only a stupid man can agree to sell valuable land nowadays. One day when that land is worth over 10 million he will appreciate her vision.

Brilliant insight! I know one such woman in her mid-40s. Kila kitu ni competition…

Let me not say something insensitive to you as this is a serious discussion. There is a reason marriage vows mention 'in good times … bla bla bla. The ‘bad’ times come in many forms. It could be infidelity, alcoholism, losing a job, ill health, abuse…you name it including money issues. I think it is really unfair to assume you know he deliberately acted that way expecting the wife will cover him. That is outright foolish to say the least. Unless you have walked in somebody’s shoes you have no right to assume you KNOW what their life journey is about. Not even your spouse.

As the wazungu say, “jumping from the frying pan into the fire”. Jamaa angetulia huko NAS and a better opportunity might have come along. Instead amekuwa akitumia from one disaster to the next despite being useless in businesa.

Kwanza hii fake NGO, hapo I don’t blame the woman for getting angry with the dude. Unapoteza 1million to a fake NGO aje kweli?

The best thing for him to do ni kujifahamu. Atoke hiyo ndoa na atafute kazi badala kujidanganya kwamba ako poa kwa business.

No, according to guka this guy has had several businesses and all have drank water. I think anyone reasonable ought to take a step back and go back to the drawing board. Do a deep self introspection why the business failed. Consult the wife and ask for her insight. I think she has a very legit reason not to support his misadventures. Otherwise it’s possible for him to drown the whole family with him.

How can you lose 1 million and your first instinct is to sell valuable land or ask madam for the family’s savings? Shouldn’t he make it his goal to exhaust all legal channels and apprehend whoever stole from him?

Let me just tell you this. The guy is one of the most responsible people I know. A bit gullible and naive, yes, but THIS IS A GUY WHO NEVER DRANK MORE THAN THREE BEERS for God’s sake.

Secondly, he din’t quit employment at a ‘young age’ - he was terminated at about 35 years. What was he to do, sit at home or try to hustle?

Thirdly, gavament may delay BUT GAVAMENT ALWAYS PAYS. i SHOULD KNOW.

Fourthly, marriage is NOT a business relationship but a social partnership. Kuanza kusema one partner ‘ajipange’ is er, er, er, not very good.

Like I once told someone, you can’t understand what people go through together.
They met out of love and desire of companionship.
Within that toxic situation this love and companionship exists.
Everyone takes their own time coming to reality of the situation and how to react or make changes.
As much as your advice was somewhat beneficial, the time and decision is his.
Just don’t get too caught up trying to make decisions for him.

I honestly truthfully feel sorry for your man. You are a wannabe feminazzi and your approach to men and issues marriage will gradually turn you into an old, lonely, grumpy divorcee.

Mzee ataambia watu nini akihama kwake… Ataambia watu nini akiuza plot… As long as you’ve offered advice you have done your part just make sure he’s aware of the potential consequences of his decision and that will be enough.

Guka, sema ukweli. uko na vested interests kwa hii maneno. Mbeca!!!

Hapo nakubaliana na wewe nurse Waithera sisi wanaume ni WAJINGA sana juzi ume import nugu kutoka Gachie iende kutesekea huko rural Minessota halafu ukifika menopause uipige teke irudi gachie bila hata suruali ya kubadilisha,sadness of life.

A man and a woman think differently. Women are more concerned with security while men tend to take risks which have potential high returns but also high potential for failure. It’s a well documented evolutionary biology fact. If this guy’s bussinesses succeeded and became a mbirionaire his wife would be the most supportive woman in the world that is just the fact of life. Danganya toto jinga. ’

Why bother with that one.

I guess I have a curse.

I dont see any issue here. This is simply your popular darwin’s theory at play. Hiyo miaka yote wamefanya kazi na nyumba ba do wanakodi. Na eti wako na 8mirrions. Wacha wakufe pole pole

You don’t imagine they are there yet?

You can upgrade a woman. You cannot downgrade her. When things are good, it’s us. When things are bad, you are alone. So a man should always protect himself. When things are good, at least have a joint account where you stash away the money. Not her private account. It’s always problematic. Problem is you have a man who is business minded and a woman who is not. He is a risk taker and she is not. So she doesn’t care. The longer the business problem lingers, the more she views you as a failure. Marriage problems increase.

Right on point.

Phew, was wondering when someone would actually see the post for what it really is.