This is Guka - Wale Tulipigania Jubilee Tukubali; Uhuru Kenyatta is a Major Letdown

I want immediate relief but it wouldn’t happen that way since the expensive IPP plants have contracts signed by nyayo and kibaki that keeps them here with us for the foreseeable future. However the first step has started. CS Keter under Ministry of Energy put in place a committee headed by the dean of Strathmore Law and a South Korean professor whose name I can’t remember but he specializes on energy production and contracts. They reviewed all energy sector contracts and gave a clear defined way to renegotiate the contracts downwards until they elapse. That report was presented back to ministry and copy sent to the Presidency. Its been studied to familiarize the contents to the concerned before its tabled at cabinet for action. Once it passes cabinet, the next meeting between nyayo and President Kenyatta may not be very pleasant or about kition grand dreams. Aga Khan, Kibaki, Wanjigi and others will not be happy as well.

[ATTACH=full]190213[/ATTACH]
CS Energy Charles Keter during the handing over of the report at Intercontinental Hotel in Nairobi on August 15,2018. Photo/HEPHZIBAR BUKASU.

The Energy Ministry will terminate expensive Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) to help bring down the cost of power, Cabinet Secretary Charles Keter said yesterday.

This, he said follows recommendations by a task force set up to review Independent Power Producers and PPAs. The team noted that ending thr contracts will help bring down electricity tariffs.

Latest Kenya Power annual report shows that there are 12 Independent Power Producers in the country, one Emergency Power Producer and three import firms with 3,029 MW of installed power capacity as at June 2017.

This is more than Kenya Electricity Generating Company- KENGENs installed capacity of 1,610 MW within the same period.

The firms are Iberafrica Power, Tsavo Power, Thika Power, BioJuole Kenya Limited, Mumias-Cogeneration and OrPower 4.

Others are Rabai Power, Imenti Tea Factory Hydro, Gikira Hydro, Triumph Power, Gulf Power, and Regen-Terem Hydro.

Most of the PPAs are foreign funded and their tariffs are denominated on the dollar which pushes up the cost of electricity.

Receiving the report, Keter said the recommendations will be implemented after pr ratification by the Cabinet.

The task-force was formed following a directive by President Uhuru Kenyatta in June 2016. It was to review all contracts between the IPPs and the government and point out the most expensive ones for termination.

“Some of these thermal power plant PPAs have financial and legal implications and we will not renew their contracts, those with a short term period to expiry will be terminated by mutual agreement between the developer and KPLC,” Keter said.

Plans are underway to adopt a local currency based tariff for PPAs to help do away with the high forex charges.

In June, the Energy Regulatory Commission said the local currency tariff will be adopted in the next 12 to 18 months. Currently consumers pay Sh1.22 per KW as foreign exchange rate fluctuation adjustment. The fee is up from Sh0.37 charged 10 years ago when the shilling was trading at Sh75.84.

Negotiations are ongoing between the Ministry of Energy and Treasury to remove double taxation on fuel cost charge.

Currently, FCC is taxed as an independent component and Value Added Tax is also imposed on it.

Other recommendations made by the task-force include introduction of renewable energy auction system for solar and wind power plants.

This will include a reduction of solar tarrif to US cents 7.49 and for wind tarrif be reduced to US cents 7.01. The investors will receive a net return of about 12.5 per cent.

Last month, ERC scrapped standing charge

Kenya went to the dogs when sons of Homeguards aka @blackguards kina Wakanyama took betrayed the Mau Mau fighters and went to bed with the Kaburus.Mchovya asali hachovyi mara moja.Wakati waliskia hio shafting ina uzito,wakapanua mapaja kabisa wakisubiri mikwaju.Na ju hao makafiri wazungu hawakutosheka,waneishi kutufira hadi wa leo. Jomo Kenyatta should never have been president.Kimathi wa Wachiuri was the chosen one.Kungekosa hivyo,General China au Baimungi wangeongoza.Chieth Guka.Hata wewe ulikuwa ngati.Mulituharibia Kenya na hio Umbwa unaita Jomo.

Is Zimbabwe still a country?

:D:D:D

I can see the dick is getting bigger even for team tano tena. @jaymoh alusema interesting times are coming.

lakini si kalonzo alisema mchana kukiwa na jua watu fulani walale chini na wasikaribie chama yenu…

Too much talk with no action. Hi yote ni upus

Kitu inaniuma sana ni stima. Stima ya punch can hardly last you 2weeks na saa izo ni basic lighting tu ukiweka fridge, pasi, water dispenser hiyo ata imalizi wiki. And this is after those fúcktards at erc reviewed electricity changes “downwards”.

and what happened to electricity…we were told that standing charges were scrapped…buying tokens this month i get a text explaining some retarted shit about costs breakdown and the amount of tolens waaay less that normal. What the hell?

stima imeongezeka, mafuta imeongezeka…more pain for the ordinary kenyan, yet tunaambiwa aty the economy is doing well. on economic mgt i give uhuru a zero, all he knows is talk talk talk. we would have been better electing a rock in his sted. bure kabisa

Okay Fiund…thanks for hiyo Econ yote lakini umesema hapo mwisho that Jomo must be turning in his grave? oh really? arudishe mashamba alinyakua then. Jomo must be v lucky that Ngina is alive and ruling us too. The Koinanges have sold most of the illegally acquired shambas.

I supported Uhuru because we did not have a better choice. His rival was going to lead us to civil war without a shadow of a doubt. He has failed but not like Moi c’mmon pls but at least kuna peace, Moi malizad some tycoons and drained the coffers.

UK held it together even under provocation mpaka we were saying gosh pls do something. His only problem is he cannot fight corruption because it means ‘touching’ all his relatives. He has also reigned during a v difficult time. Alshaitanis, global warming matters, Kenyans are more aware of their rights, thieving Guvs AND SO FORTH…I bet he cannot wait for 2022 arudi golfing all day na brandy yake. His kids have flown the nest…
Ngojeni reign ya WSR…because it is surely coming.

@spear ni kibaraka tu. Even if his boss fucked his wife and sodomized him he would be here posting pictures of uncle this and uncle that entering and leaving his house and even pictures of what went down.

These are the sweeps I live for:D:D:D

Actually the joke is on you and those who think of the same. Actually you are the one who thinks linear. I can actually say the same thing about your unrivalled support for President Trump as the best president ever.

You see unfortunately rumours and grapevine get disapproved live by time like all gossip. The proposers of constitution changes are just 5 people with no tact or concrete plan. They forget they are among the half dozen advisers the President relies on for opinion and advice. Sasa they go give advice for selfish ends and think its automatic its going to happen. A week later they get nothing, a months goes they now go silent. Meanwhile they had already preempt media and bloggers of the “earthshaking changes”. When the talk is done and they leave, reality sets in, further consulting shows how skewed the proposal was and its shelved as the others are eagerly waiting. Next up it was the same group with rumours of cabinet changes and the preempt was done to media and bloggers. Nothing came along. Now it was the same doing preempt of lifestyle audit, that too was dropped etc. My point is you are being played by simple emotions of a few people quest for self survival at the centre of power so that they can still wield influence to eat and enjoy themselves. The problem is they are too quick to show their eagerness and they ask for nothing less than a complete power coup in their favour. That selfishness is why President Uhuru hasn’t played ball. When President Uhuru calls speaker Muturi for advise he is told this Parliament will not pass a constitutional amendment bill for the sake of a few, same to Senate, governors, senators and 24 county assemblies confirm its impossible and unnecessary now. Treasury says that money can help here, economy can’t sustain 24/7 political electioneering etc. After the 20th advise this 5 people counsel keeps getting relegated further. Now currently their are relegated further from the centre since it clear mnataka tu yenu, not what’s good for President, Government, Party or Members.

Then I don’t do hypocrisy, if you want to jail all corrupt people don’t cherry pick with emotions. All Kenyans politicians are corrupt, ata huyo gov kibwana. They should all be jailed including RAT and President Uhuru then wanipatie kifunguo nichunge mali. The truth is despite all the rumours and noise DP Uncle Ruto has his bases covered and the dynamic duo are still playing their chess very well. Mnachezewa kama karata very easily and very effectively. There is a reason why I’m overly confident. In 15 months you will understand.

Problem again we complicate things. Vitu harisi watu wakona kizungu mingi. Hii mambo angalia how it is dont use theories to explain anything, stima imekua expensive, fuel expensive, hospitals not working, public schools not working, traffic jam as usual, people are becoming poor, new housing tax from September on payslips, high taxes everywhere, corruption every sector, loans everywhere, SGR gangs importers and transporters cha lazma AND disposable income is not increasing at par with cost of living. I usually tell my friends you are 1 disease away from poverty. Sai upatwe na ugonjwa vizuri you became poor instantly. Uhuru was to arrest all this issues but it seems its escalating faster. Baba nae amewekwa kwa mfuko siku hizi ata hujui anafanya nini ata yeye aliputa mkono. We are on our own. This is not a life you live all your life n say you lived a good life

When were you born mamie? Please tell me of ONE shamba Jomo stole without PAYING FOR? Just ONE…

And while at it tell me who are these in the Kenyatta family who are all thieves.

You see, the problem with negroes everywhere is that you hate yourselves. Even in the US, when a nigga goes to school and gets an education, he is said to act more whitey than whitey himself. You love taking each other down. You thrive on rumours and innuendo.

I have said here before that anybody could have accumulated thousands of acres immediately post-independence. Even the other day - late 1990s - you could easily buy 10 acres in Kitengela with less than 1m.

But you can spew all the propaganda as much as you like. It won’t change a thing.

Stupid useless comment.

BRB trust me. You cannot defend the Kenyattas from land thieving. NO.

Things are not good. First we accept that, alafu mitigate but coming with theories wont help. Another 4 years my people.

[ATTACH=full]190235[/ATTACH]
Damn and was just about to make a thread about uhunye and him being the among best leader of his generation in Africa THEN

[ATTACH=full]190236[/ATTACH]
yeah I still stick with it…he ain out to fuck it up…funny how many actually think he wants to remain in power…i believe he understands power and titles …you think you rub shoulders with leader who serve their terms and go and here you are wishing to be a dictator …aki even the so called wise old fart @FieldMarshal CouchP is someone of such low I.q to start creating tin foil agendas and rants …look all around and you guys are bugging at a guy …who likes playing by the book(even when nefarious) …until now I have not seen any fault directly his and he has always acted diligently on the issues brought to his attention …so again …why all this bs…cuz his policies is what should be discussed but at I they grabbed land so he gives it shit…sahau…even I was in his seat …its bs…that shit is beyond even him as president and even family member…and no way can he even open that up for discussion …SAA zingine use our brains…
Like pic what section yo need correction on the qoute you shoot your self in the foot every time you put your "man-with-plan-know-it-all even my farts says so…was this the content on your blog… Like you pick number and think they tell the story…7 % in a period where kingdoms were literally in their last kicks…buda uko serious…you can’t stand up to a group of people and quote at I 7% growth of 1970’s as a hallmark and its your first prezzo and worse two pages in and this level of talk is not brought into question …like seriously is this forum full of dumb bells and barely can be called staplers…

Ateee just one piece of land???..lemmie shake my head. I know I know I know Kenyan politics is not my forte but we ‘vorrow’ tuu sana sana kwa hewa na mitambo na mushene. Okay I am a child of the 90’s but do not diminish your thread to an agesit fest pls. Second of all most of the Kenyarras have been accused of land and other thievery, na nimesoma historia yao sana. Do I even start with Beth Mugo or do I name Mama Ngina? pls pls nooo