Today's Business News

last i checked the refinery in MSA needed some serious patch work for it to be viable, not sure if this happened, @Okiya please confirm

Personally I think the rush to export 2,000 barrels per day is just a political statement. It doesn’t make economic sense.

5 Likes

Last I also checked (August) they said itafunguliwa soon.

thats around 318000 liters per day, they should have used this to test kipevu and push it back into the local market, me thinks this would have made more economic sense

2 Likes

Looks like M-Akiba and Pesa link are bogus systems…nipewe hii kasi tafasary.

These are the kind of informative business ideas that were missing when you had taken a sabbatical leave. Kudos for the information

3 Likes

This guy @Okiya is well informed on matters business. One of the chaps I wouldn’t mind meeting outside this virtual forum

6 Likes

Hio no 10 huyo budah awache hio institution ikiwa hai hatutaki kuskia ati alienda na funguo

1 Like

Their books are a mess.its only now they are trying to get out of the woods. …but they have a good leadership under sir Joseph

2 Likes

Not to mention that KQ charges an arm and a leg for these routes especially Entebbe which is one of the most expensive routes in the world.

By locally I presume you mean in Kenya. Nani atanunua crude (unrefined) oil hapa? Apeleke wapi?

3 Likes

They should rehabilitate the refinary at kipevu or better build a new one because i think one of the major issues with the current one was the quality / purity of fuel it produced

Seriously!
Do you know what we’re exporting?
That stuff has to be refined first before it becomes useful. In any case, the idea here is to refine the crude oil in order to realise optimum benefits from it.
As things stand now, we cannot refine (add value) the crude oil and our only recourse at present is to export it and import the refined stuff.

Could this guy be imagining that lorries, e.g. Tata use crude oil for running?

2 Likes

It was ruled obsolete, we need to build a totally new one. It’s storage tanks are however ok.

2 Likes

Exploration is done by a foreign country and they will recover their monies first then watuachie. In short, your grand son’s great grand sons might get to benefit from the oil.

1 Like

get some things right first buana; foreign companies because kenyan companies do not have the capacity to explore and extract. and then again there should be revenue sharing agreements whereby the company just takes a small percentage over time to recoup their cost and so benefits should ideally be felt immediately

1 Like

that should be done asap even if its a small one to just take care of kenyas fuel needs

Theoretically, that is how it should happen. But these foreign countries give bribes in hundreds upon hundreds of millions of shillings my friend sometimes they give billions. With our weak systems that handle thieving and our high cultural tolerance to immorality, hata wewe utaingizwa box and sign whatever papers they present.

1 Like

i now agree with you, we are just a country of thieves so much that we even steal from ourselves

1 Like