Towns on the east of Nairobi

Kubali tu jina mungiki ilikuwa kwa akili yako all this long,ukaona you put is as a comment without even thinking.duriii

No that’s not the definition of gentrification. Gentrification is when, say the caliber of Westy folks move into Kayole and gentrify it to Westlands standards.

Embu is very dusty hapo nimekubali just like most of vumbistan

hawa jamaa wamekwama na this mediocre Governor Wambora just coz ni “muembu” while the other great competitors were "Wambeeres " ,
very shitty… that is what keep wambora in office…

But those towns have always been bigger than the “eastern towns” and am also making the argument that you maybe suprised that welfare is constant maybe even better for the smaller towns… The eldorets and nakuru like towns of kenya benefit from population dividend with more business being set up to serve the larger markets.

Its a very myopic view of politics they have in embu but dynamism has been forced down the throats of the populace The town. Immigration of kikuyu, meru, kamba and other people into the town is slowly shifting it from its stagnated mindset

Welfare is a different issue , you may find people in the areas have higher standards of living, but economic activity in those areas is just not growing.

very true statement.I for one im from nyeri.I studied in nyeri primary school (then moi nyeri complex.),then went to nyeri high.but my grandparents who used to live in mukuruweini in nyeri shifted and went to nyahururu.speaking of muranga whats its deal??I mean most of kenyas billionares come from muranga.like 60%of them actually come from muranga.sijui shida yao ni nini.

The central counties lack any proper planning. And this is being made worse as the young people leave the rural areas and converge on Nairobi…

The one man who could have developed a plan and bring the governors together to reorganize and zone central tragically died in a road accident.

Naromoru is growing but
on only on one side of the highway

@Purple, putting aside your concerns about the unproductive use of land, both pictures look great. Wachana shosho to hold on to her land with such lush vegatation. She has a good reason for keeping things just the way they are. I am sure for her, it is not just about making money out of her property.

Sasa si wewe ucomment yako, nugu ino

Wacha upuss… (hapo kwa manjina)
Dusty yes… Some physical planning needed as well…

Muembu ni kavora… Never in a hurry to take chances…
It can be very annoying especially when trying to make a deal or even request for information.

I think the biggest problem with these towns is majority of land and capital is held by very old people who have refused to either develop the place or sell to people who would be in a position to develop.
Idle land should be dealt with decisively because it’s holding back development in many areas!

In the Kenyan sense, when towns expand, natives with land next to these new boundaries sell out since the value of land exceeds any meaningful agriculture they can ever hope to undertake. Take for instance huyo cucu making 400/- whereas the land is worth 50 mirrions. Ahamie Nyandarua pia.

Secondly towns like Ksm, Eldy are able to attract “outsiders” who need “proper” places to stay. So the Councils revise boundaries/zoning laws unapata sasa ancestral land becomes a town plot, you have to pay higher land rates (is it still pegged at 1% btw ?) and have incentive to build better housing structures (maybe from mud houses to mabati or selefu contained rooms, story building shops etc) thus creating the image of “Towns Growing”…case in point Gesoko, Nyamasaria & Manyatta areas in Kisumu (i’ll link a pdf study on slum upgrading and gentrification of Slum areas in Kisumu)

Haiyaa you guys, i was just as shocked as you are. Tea is pruned say, twice a month? Our grandma hires 2 people at a time to do the job. That’s about 1,600 for labor every month. Is 40 kilos of tea more believable? Despite all the tea and coffee in Nyeri, let me tell you people are living in abject poverty.

They say heri ‘ruguru’ land because these farms, despite looking green, have very low productivity. To harvest a single bag of maize in nyeri despite planting acres of the same is a miracle. Hunger and poverty combined, that’s why people had to leave for Nyandarua and RV.

Embu is totally dusty…

Diffathas (iko Kirinyaga County lakini)
Patricio and other rare “catholic names”

maybe during rainy season :D.
Quick question. Mugambaciora iko Kirinyaga ama Embu county ?