Toyota Auris vs Toyota Allion. Help me choose!!!

The auris has a better driving experience…the one with the 1800cc really handles well, I’d say get the Auris

Vile CVT ya toyota allion/premio huwa inakoroma kwa acceleration inabore. Auris has a manual and an automatic option if you search for it. Ignore watu wa “you cannot avoid cvt”. I dont know why people think cvt is a new technology. It has been there and has never really fared well. newer cars have six or 8 speed automatic instead of CVT. In my experience CVT operates in very low ratio in slow traffic using up a lot of fuel. The most efficient car for its size that I had was a 2006 toyota premio four speed auto. Automatic can shift up to fifth gear in slow traffic. so far I haven’t seen a CVT as efficient in slow traffic.

Well, the feel is almost the same but the allion is more spacious and comfy esp if the guy has a family.

Tell him to get a performance car bwana. Io ni kutesa Toyo bana.

How do you know if a car is CVT or not? I saw Auris 2013 with a sign of AT. I dont know how to differentiate. Kindly help

I heard Auris have a problem with front suspension. Is it the older versions

CVTs are definitely less reliable than manual (which is the most reliable) and auto. If you like reliability whereby 15yrs from now you will still have a trouble free driving experience, then get either manual or auto. If you are mostly going to use it for town driving, basi get auto. A manual in slow moving traffic is such a pain but its fun kwa highway

How do you tell if a vehicle is a CVT or Auto?

Most cars have the fact printed on the rear. However, simply get the chasis number of the car you wanna buy and check online.

When driving, a dead giveaway is that even as you moderately increase speed, the revs generally remain the same. This different from manual and auto where as you moderately increase speed, revs will pick up

CVT is crappy & unreliable. Auto or manual (extra 100K) any day.

You don’t have to touch the car to tell; a CVT whines like a Leyland bus from a mile. Ask them to drive 10 meters as you listen for the whine.

Which whine? Is it the one I hear mostly small engines make? Very annoying

Mazda used to have the worst steel in Japan. Those things would rust like there is no tomorrow. Have they improved on galvanization? Anyway, they are just a small car manufacturer and it is understandable when they do not get it right sometimes.

Am even confused on which economical car to buy

We just told you that either of the two cars you mentioned are perfectly ok if you have the budget. If not, axela ama honda fit will serve you well too.

You’re wrong about revs remaining the same for the CVT. What actually happens is the gradual increase of revs.

Most guys import cars that are already 8 years old. Japan is an island, surrounded by salty water bodies. If your theory was the case then we’d expect the Mazdas to have rusted even before the imports. Remember Japan’s weather is very unforgiving, so most cars are usually relieved when they dock in Mombasa.

True, it is an island. But Toyotas and nissans come rust free. Kuna something about their alloys. From today, keep checking and you will notice the trend.